Our weekly SXSW 2018 update is below and includes information about the sessions preview, group rates, and timeline. Below is a preview of the SXSW 2018 sessiions with a small summary of each session:
- Casey Neistat: YouTube Star to Media Company Co Founder. Last spring, SXSW audiences learned more about the amazing journey of this new media innovator, as well as his philosophy of artfully swinging from one vine to another. At the 2018 event, catch more inspiring content like this via our impressive lineup of Featured Sessions.
- Covering POTUS: A Conversation with the Failing New York Times. In March 2017, NY Times executive editor Dean Baquet talked about how the Trump Administration has created significantly more interest in his paper. Find out more in the News & Journalism Track, which runs March 10-15.
- Kara Swisher in Conversation with Crooked Media Founders. At SXSW 2017, the veteran tech reporter interviewed podcast superstars Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett and Tommy Vietor. Don’t miss more of this content at our expanded podcast stage, which runs March 10-14.
- Mark Cuban & Tech Execs: Is Govt Disrupting Disruption? Last year, the Shark Tank star talked about how the entrepreneurial ecosystem can survive meddling from bureaucrats. This year, discover equally exciting founder-focused content via the Startup & Tech Sectors Track from March 9-15
- HI + AI: What’s the Future of Intelligence? Discussions about artificial intelligence were extremely popular at SXSW 2017. This trend continues at SXSW 2018 where many of the sessions on the coming ubiquity of AI will be part of the Intelligent Future Track, which occurs March 9-15.
- The Tim Ferriss Show LIVE with Cheryl Strayed. These two accomplished bestsellers talked about their craft and their creativity at SXSW 2017. If you love to read, then you’ll enjoy Phil Hellmuth, Andrew Keen, Sally Kohn, Alicia Malone, Alexis Okeowo and other impressive authors scheduled to give Book Readings in March.
- The Urgency of Now: Launching the Biden Cancer Initiative. The former Vice President gave an emotionally-packed explanation of his cancer moonshot project in Austin last March. Attend the Health Track from March 9-13 to learn more forward-thinking approaches to 21st century medicine.
If you would like to view these sessions on their site or to keep up with updates click here.
If you want to be the best boss ever check out group registration for SXSW 2018. Register your group today by filling out the Group Registration Form located here: https://www.sxsw.com/news/2017/sxsw-group-registration-rates/#group-form. If you haven’t decided who will be attending yet, you can still purchase registrations using placeholder names. Afterwards, browse the SXSW Schedule and SXSWeek® Timeline to start planning your teams SXSW experience.
The SXSW timeline for the week during the festival is located here: https://www.sxsw.com/schedule/. You can also access the SXSW 2018 Schedule using that link as well. Per SXSW, all confirmed programming for the 2018 SXSW Conference & Festivals including Keynotes, Featured Speakers, sessions, and Showcasing Artists are now live on the online SXSW Schedule.
Don’t forget to register to attend SXSW 2018 before prices increase at the end of the day on Friday, January 12. If you have any questions about registering or issues logging in visit the SXSW Help Page located here: https://www.sxsw.com/schedule-help/. For more information about SXSW 2018 click here.
See you all at SXSW 2018 and check back on Hi-Tech Chic for weekly update.
Source: SXSW, Aaron Rogosin