RocketLife, a developer of innovative visual technologies, just announced the CircleLight with 3D gesture control. CircleLight is a new kind of interactive wall light that produces warm whites, rich colors, and motion effects. CircleLight’s advanced 3D gesture controls let you easily change the look of any room with the wave of a hand or a tap on a smartphone. The CircleLight is 24 inches wide by one inch thin and designed with computer-machined from aluminum Poly-Metal and high-tensile architectural polymer.Continue Reading →
The much-anticipated 3dRudder, the officially licensed PlayStation®VR foot-powered motion controller, will launch in the United States and Canada on September 4th. 3dRudder, is a foot-powered movement controller, providing the most natural way to move in 2D, 3D and VR environments. The 3dRudder promises to increase the VR experience with more than 35 PS VR games, with many more to come by the end of the year.Continue Reading →
SHIVR Headphones are one of the newest and one of the most powerful 3D Audio headphones within the audio market space. Just announced, SHIVR will start the worldwide shipment of the much-anticipated 3D audio headphones after a successful and fully funded Kickstarter campaign. The first batch of 6000 Units is already starting to be shipped internationally with more deliveries on the way.Continue Reading →
It’s a sign of times when you can now take a tour of your potential college using virtual reality! Back in my day we all would have to physically visit the campus to get a good idea about the campus which was fun since sometimes your parents didn’t go with you. Then again back in my day we all had beepers and only the rich kids had their own PCs and cell phones. Boy have times changed and I am not even that old!
M3D Follows up Landmark Crowdfunding Campaign to Give Contributors Option to Pre-Order Latest Model
FULTON, MD (August 17, 2016) – Today, M3D, the leading consumer 3D printer manufacturer, announced its Kickstarter campaign to deliver the M3D Pro, a new offering designed to be the industry’s most reliable, feature-packed consumer printer yet. The company’s latest crowdfunding venture will appeal to its existing user base, as well as a new generation of enthusiasts and consumers looking to break into the 3D printing space.
The M3D Pro’s development was officially announced at CE Week 2016 in New York City. The printer is engineered to bridge the gap between consumer and commercial use, introducing industrial-grade features at an affordable price point of $500. Following the Micro 3D Printer, the larger, quicker and more advanced M3D Pro will deliver a reliable 3D printing experience derived from a number of innovations, retaining the ease-of-use and accessibility synonymous with the M3D brand.
“We confidently believe that the Kickstarter community is the community that truly understands and appreciates product innovation at its core,” said Michael Armani, co-founder & CEO, M3D. “When there is a true level of novelty at work, such as a printer that includes a feature set associated with high-end models but at a price point consumers can afford, the platform’s audience responds to it. We carefully designed the M3D Pro by incorporating direct customer feedback to show our audiences that we’ve heard them loud and clear. We’re dedicated to delivering a 3D printer that reaches a new benchmark of reliability and efficiency for both casual consumers and professionals alike.”
The M3D Pro is the first 3D printer driven by two ARM-core processors and a network of more than two-dozen sensors. The new printer will also be outfitted with a heated bed option, outer dimensions of 10.5” cubed, and a much larger build volume – making it the most space-efficient and affordable consumer printer to hit the market. By rapidly pooling and fusing data, the M3D Pro maximizes the performance of the printer while also improving the overall printing experience through better consistency and reliability. This monitoring includes multiple measurements of speed, filament usage, temperature, and power levels. A standout feature of this sensory data allows the M3D Pro to recover from power outages by saving information as power levels drop off.
Highlights and tech specifications of the M3D Pro include:
- Heated Print Bed: An innovative tempered heated glass surface automatically adjusts temperature, providing a consistent printing experience and allowing for easy removal of printed objects
- Large Build Volume: Print objects up to 7.8” tall or 7.2” x 7.2” wide
- Embedded Recovery: The M3D Pro can recover from print failure, such as from power outages, pauses, and filament shortage or jams
- Stand Alone Mode: M3D’s software will automatically start printing and transfer print jobs to an internal memory chip, allowing the print to continue without being tethered to a computer
- Advanced Sensor Network: The world’s first dual-ARM processor system fuses data from more than two dozen sensors to provide industry leading consistency and reliability
- Construction: Precision ground metal components, glass surface heated bed, durable ABS Frame
- Accuracy: 25-350 micron layer heights, 0.40 mm nozzle extrusion
- Print speed: Typically prints filament at 60mm/s, and travels at speeds up to 120 mm/s
- Two-year warranty: the M3D Pro comes with a standard two-year warranty, ensuring customers are fully supported with the printer
Software and Third Party Support
- Third Party Filaments: Compatible with all industry standard 1.75 mm filaments, including particle-filled materials and high-temperature materials (up to 270 C)
- Third Party Applications: Accepts standard G-codes, making it compatible with most 3rd party applications
- Free M3D Software: Available on Windows and Mac
To contribute to the M3D Pro Kickstarter, please visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3d/m3d-pro-feature-packed-3d-printer. To learn more about the product in its entirety, visit www.m3dpro.com.