After months of beta and testing, this week, SURREAL Events, a virtual experience production company, launched SURREAL, a web-based, 3D virtual environment. Through SURREAL audiences can experience fully customizable and unparalleled events that are 100% browser-based and pixel-streamed from the Cloud. It can scale from 50 to 50,000 participants for real-time, interactive events making it usable for large and small businesses.
A best-in-class virtual Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for intuitive, immersive events, SURREAL provides clients with a strategy for hybrid events that integrates both physical to virtual experiences. SURREAL was built with Unreal Engine, the same revolutionary gaming engine behind Epic Games’ Fortnite and Disney’s The Mandalorian. This not only enables realistic, real-time 3D rendering but allows SURREAL to be configured into any environment—real or imagined—to fit the needs of clients and event organizers.
SURREAL serves clients and audiences across any industry:
- Corporations & Organizations (conferences, trade shows, meetings, virtual offices)
- Education (from high school to higher learning)
- Music (festivals, tours, concerts, arena shows & venues)
- Film & Television (broadcast, red carpet events, premieres & promotions)
- Arts & Humanities (openings & exhibits)
- Sports & Athletics (eSports, leagues/teams & venues)
From tradeshows and conferences, sporting events and fan engagements, SURREAL is not here to replace real life but offers an enhancement of what is possible. In addition, the SURREAL platform’s key features include:
- Customizable “Real” Venues: create an event from pre-built venue templates, or design an entirely bespoke world.
- Personalized Avatar Creator: select from pre-built templates or create a custom digital twin.
- Intuitive Navigation: easily locomote around the space via computer mouse, teleport function or WASD / arrow keys.
- Social-First Interactions: communicate organically via video, voice or text tools anywhere on the platform.
- Presentation Tools: Run slides, websites, streamed or pre-recorded video using easy-to-use presentation tools.
In order to enhance the lifelike quality of the avatar creator, SURREAL recently partnered with DNABLOCK, one of the world’s leading platforms for creating bespoke, photorealistic 3D avatars and cinema-quality animated content. This partnership will enable clients and attendees to create high-definition, custom avatars that mirror facial and physical features.
By enabling avatars to be mapped to a simple photo upload through DNABLOCK’s avatar API, SURREAL is taking its social-first approach to the next level by creating a true digital identity for users that does not exist on any other platform.
I recently had the opportunity to browse through the SURREAL experience and found it pretty intuitive. It will be interesting to see what events will now be produced through this new platform.
To learn more please visit: https://www.surrealevents.com/.
Source: Surreal Events