With the New Year, SXSW 2019 is just around the corner starting March 8th, 2019. One deadline for SXSW 2019 coming up on January 17th is the Release It pitch competition. The competition provides an opportunity for startup and companies to present new and innovative products or services to a panel of judges comprised of venture capitalists, tech industry experts, and high-profile media during SXSW 2019 on Friday, March 8, 2019.
In order to compete in Release It you must apply today for the opportunity to be one of the 10 cutting-edge companies selected to pitch live at SXSW. A panel of hand-picked judges will select the product or service most likely to succeed in the marketplace.
SXSW Staff Tips for the Release It Application:
- Meet the minimum SXSW Release It Eligibility Criteria. See below for eligibility requirements:
- A company’s product/service must have launched no earlier than January 1, 2019.
- A company’s product/service must not be launched after March 17, 2019.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product or service to SXSW Release It. Companies who submit more than one product or service will not be eligible to participate in SXSW Release It.
- Companies can not have presented in any of the following events: SXSW Pitch or SXSW EDU Launch.
- Showcase a startup that is innovative and disruptive
- Include a direct link to a video in your application to further illuminate your product or service for the judges
- Showcase what makes you different in the market (i.e. your market differentiator)
- Highlight key members of your team and/or those supporting your startup (Staff, Advisory Board, Board Members, Mentors, Funders, Accelerator and/or Incubator involvement, etc.)
Each company will be allowed to submit only one product/service at this year’s event. Make sure to read the eligibility requirements again and FAQ before you apply by the deadline on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 11:59pm PT.
Release It Key Judging Criteria:
When reviewing companies in the pre-event online application process judges look for:
- Creativity (originality of idea)
- Potential (longevity, actualization, and profitability)
- Functionality (usability of interface)
- Goodness (How does the product/service impact or improves the world?)
- Team (Who is your team and how will they make your company a success?)
There is a $30.00 application and you can apply here: https://cart.sxsw.com/products/release_app?_ga=2.166217086.1169011822.1546623687-542251632.1544046838.
For more information about the Release It competition please visit: https://www.sxsw.com/interactive/2019/product-validation-media-exposure-and-more-apply-to-sxsw-release-it/. For more information about SXSW 2019 please visit. www.sxsw.com. Keep checking back on Hi-Tech Chic for the latest news for SXSW 2019!