The weekend has finally come for Austin’s seventh annual Moontower Comedy Festival happening from April 18th through the 21st in the heart of downtown! The comedic lineup this year is stellar with women comedians like Janeane Garofalo and Tiffany Haddish along with long time comedians like Weird Al. Moontower Comedy Festival attendees will not be let down with over 100 comedic performers at 12 different venues for 4 Days. During the Moontower Comedy Festival there will be Headliner and Satellite events throughout Austin. The difference between the two events are below:
Moontower Headliner Events
- Happen at the Paramount and Stateside Theatres.
- Require a single ticket for entry.
- Star and Warrior Badge holders will receive their tickets with their badge. These badges are sold out. Single tickets are available for headliner events.
Moontower Satellite Events
- All events that happen at Satellite Venues. Venue List
- Open to all badge holders. Satellite Badges are still available.
- Limited single tickets are available for Satellite Events.
- Single tickets DO NOT guarantee entry to Satellite Events.
- Single ticket holders will be admitted after badge holders. If a Satellite Event reaches capacity they will be given a refund.
- Tickets may be available at the door as capacity allows.
- BONUS: There will be one Satellite Event held at 11:30 each night at Stateside – Satellite Surprise, Thursday; SHEBANG, Friday; New York’s Finest, Saturday.
We just recently received the most updated Moontower Comedy Festival 2018 lineup schedule; please see below. If the schedule is too hard to read via smartphone please visit: www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/schedule/.
We also wanted to give all the Moontower Comedy Festival attendees a list of all the venues that includes links and physical addresses for each to make it easier to get around Austin. See below:
- Netflix Lounge: Aloft Austin Downtown
- Palm Door on Sixth: 508 E 6th St
- Fallout Theater: 616 Lavaca St
- The Hideout Theatre: 617 Congress Ave
- Alamo Drafthouse Ritz: 320 E 6th St
- JCC Austin: 7300 Hart Lane
- Velocity CU Stage at Speakeasy: 412 Congress Avenue
- Showtime Stage at 800 Congress: 800 Congress Avenue
- Antone’s Nightclub: 305 East 5th Street
- SiriusXM Stage at the Velv: 521 East 6th Street
- Do512 Stage at the Parish: 214 East 6th Street
- Cap City Comedy Club: 8120 Research Blvd. #100. Austin
- IFC Stage at Stateside: 719 Congress Avenue
- Paramount Theatre: 713 Congress Avenue
There is still time to purchase a Satellite Badge or Daily wristbands for the Moontower Comedy Festival. You can purchase them here: www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/moontower-purchase/. If you have already purchased your badge or wristband it can be picked up at the Stateside Theatre (719 Congress Ave) and pickup times include:
- Tuesday, Noon-7:00pm
- Wednesday, Noon-7:00pm
- Thursday, Noon-9:00pm
- Friday, Noon-9:00pm
- Saturday, Noon-9:00pm
There are few events or podcasts brought to our attention that are said to be the “can’t miss” shows of the Moontower Comedy Festival.
- “Weird Al” Yankovic is currently on tour with his live concert named “The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour” with Special Guest Emo Philips. Though I am not a huge Weird Al fan it is said to be a great show filled with “obscure songs” from the past without all the normal props. April 21, 2018 at 9:30 pm Paramount Theatre, for more information visit: http://www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/performers/weird-al-yankovic/.
- The Ping Pong Slapdown by IFC is a special event that is open to all badge holders and single ticket holders as capacity allows. “The Slapdown” pits Moontower comedians against fans in a hilarious yet highly official tournament hosted by our favorite sports color commentators the Sklar Brothers. For more information please visit: http://www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/shows/ping-pong-slap/
- You Up w/Nikki Glaser features her best friend and stand-up touring buddy, Tom Thakkar oversharing their personal lives, sharing perspectives on dating and sex, dissecting pop culture, trying to understand the news, and making fun of whoever deserves it. Presented by SiriusXM. April 20, 2018 at 11:00 am http://www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/shows/w-nikki-glaser/
Starting this evening I will be covering the Moontower Comedy Festival “Satellite” Events LIVE on Twitter (@hitechchic and @nrpena) and on Facebook (@hitechchic and https://www.facebook.com/nina.pena). I will be heading downtown Austin later today to pick up my press badge and will start attending various Moontower Comedy Festival shows throughout the next three days! This will be Hi-Tech Chic first time to cover Moontower Comedy Festival and as Austinites we are excited for this new experience! For more information about Moontower Comedy Festival please visit: http://www.austintheatre.org/moontower-comedy/.