Today we received the latest and newly updated security information for CES 2018. Here is what you can expect and should prepare for CES 2018. Please visit CES.tech/security for the latest security information and tips to speed up your entrance into official CES venues.
Registration and Badge Pickup:
CES badges will now include a photo ID for all attendees and media.
- You will be required to provide your date of birth when you register
- You also will be required to provide a unique, verifiable email address
- You must present a government-issued photo ID to pick up your badge on-site
To speed up your entrance to CES, we encourage everyone to register online in advance of the show and pick up your badge at the airport or select hotels before the show. Visit CES.tech/regschedule for a list of locations and hours.
All attendees must have an official CES badge and government-issued photo ID to enter CES.
Bag Search & Restrictions:
We will have bag search at the entrance to all show venues. All bags are subject to search and metal wand screening. In addition:
- Attendees may carry two small bags, each smaller than 12″x17″x6″ into show venues
- Attendees are encouraged to consider their bag type and use clear bags (mesh, plastic, vinyl, etc.) to expedite entry
- Rolling bags of any size are prohibited including luggage, carry-ons, laptop and computer bags and rolling luggage carts
- Media with an official media badge are permitted to hand carry equipment onto show premises in excess of our two bag restriction. This equipment is subject to search and tagged as approved for entry
Bag Check Facilities:
We encourage you to leave your bags at your hotel. However we do offer bag check facilities which are located at the LVCC Central Plaza next to the main Registration tent, Sands Level 1 Lobby and the Venetian Ballroom Foyer.
Highly-Visible Law Enforcement Presence:
At CES 2018, you will notice a more highly-visible law enforcement presence throughout the show and at all venues. Law enforcement officers and K9 (dog) units will be at both the entrance to the venues and on the exhibit floor. We will be performing random security checks on show premises.
Vehicle Deterrence Measures:
As an enhanced security measure, we are implementing a vehicle deterrence plan in and around key venues. Please use the areas allocated as pedestrian walkways as you enter show venues.
New for CES 2018, we encourage attendees to download the LiveSafe app. LiveSafe is a mobile app which CES attendees can use to get safety information, report tips and contact security. You can download the LiveSafe app from Google Play or the App Store and join CES 2018. Be sure to turn on your locations services for full functionality.
Finally – If you see something suspicious, please report it to CES either via the LiveSafe app or via the security phone numbers printed on the back of your CES badge.
Visit CES.tech/security for the latest security information.
Source: CTA, CES