Today, DJI launched their limited edition Mavic Pro Alpine White drone that is available exclusively at Apple.com and Apple Stores. The Mavic Pro portable drone was DJI’s first consumer drone designed to be taken just about anywhere and now its design has become sleeker. Continue Reading →
PRESS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE HYPER Showcases HyperDrive – World’s Most Compact, Fastest 50Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Hub for 2016 MacBook Pro – at Consumer Electronic Show 2017 Currently raising over $900K on Kickstarter. Turns 2 x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Ports on MacBook Pro into 7 Ports – HDMI, USB 3.1 x 2, microSD/SD, USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 with Full Speed 100W Power Delivery Pass Through Charging.
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Sanho Corporation (CES 2017 LVCC South Hall 4 Booth 35537) – manufacturer of the HYPER line of Apple and mobile accessories – will demonstrate at the Consumer Electronic Show 2017, a fully functional production unit of the HyperDrive which is currently raising over $900K and counting on Kickstarter. HyperDrive is a unique Thunderbolt 3 USB-C dongle specifically designed for the 2016 MacBook Pro. It is the first dongle in the market to utilizes two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the MacBook Pro to deliver the fastest 50Gbps bandwidth across 7 ports (HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, microSD, SD, 2 x USB 3.1), virtually restoring all the ports found on the previous 2015 MacBook Pro model. The 50Gbps bandwidth allows all 7 ports to be used simultaneously, including connecting to a 5K Thunderbolt 3 Display and a 4K HDMI display at the same time. The Thunderbolt 3 port on the HyperDrive also supports up to 100W power delivery allowing the user can charge the MacBook Pro at full speed while using the HyperDrive. Despite its prowess and number of ports, HyperDrive occupies the smallest of footprint. Its highly portable compact size allows the HyperDrive to attach to the side of the MacBook Pro without any cables or obstruction, allowing the user to always have access to all ports at all times without the need to carry multiple cumbersome dongles. The same HyperDrive works perfectly with both 13” and 15” 2016 MacBook Pro.
“This is the adapter that Apple should have provided with the 2016 MacBook Pro to ensure backward compatibility with current non USB-C devices,” said Daniel Chin, CEO of Sanho Corporation. “Our vision was to create a dongle that replaces all other dongles, with all the popular ports from the previous MacBook Pro model, in the most portable form factor so that every 2016 MacBook Pro user will want to use it,” he added. “And we want to make it very affordable for everyone to bring usability back to their new 2016 MacBook Pro, which is why we are launching the HyperDrive via Kickstarter,” he concluded. Continue Reading →
As CES (Consumer Electronic Show) gets closer and closer I am constantly getting emails about meetings or new product launches while there. This year, unlike the previous 7 years, I had to become choosy on what I wanted to cover before and while at CES 2017.
What sets WooHoo apart from it’s competitors that offer similar features and platforms?
- Integrated 360-degree HD Camera with Facial Recognition
- Patent Pending 360-degree Spatial Sound System
- 7-Inch Touchscreen
- Built in WiFi BLE, Zigbee, Zwave and 4G LTE
- Integrated and Intuitive WooHoo Smart Platform
- Natural Language Processing Capabilities Enable the Device to Understand the User
Yesterday RCA announced their new TVs, Smartphones, Tablets and Appliances that will be featured at CES 2017. I have to be honest I did not know RCA has such a vast amount of products launching in 2017.
Attendees can get a first look RCA’s new products at booth #11427 in the Central Hall, Tech East throughout the show. Below is round one of RCA‘s products displayed while at CES. I am hoping to stop by their booth while at CES to check out some of these newly launched products from RCA. Continue Reading →
My purse and backpack are the black hole; products go in there knowing they may not make it out alive. All joking aside I’m that “person” you see on the street searching endlessly in their purse or bag for ear buds or my iPhone. Alas there may be a solution for this that will make your life easier.
This morning I found out about the Pinn clip which combines the key features of your mobile phone and earbuds into a single, go-anywhere clip. The days of searching for your ear buds may be a thing of the past.
Throughout history man has dreamed of flying. Today, Bionic Bird offers the opportunity to experience that extraordinary sensorial adventure: to fly like a bird. Bionic Bird takes on the heavens with a range of 100 meters. Even apartment interiors don’t scare it! The Flying App is ultra-sensitive and intuitive: a wave of the hand, the bird obeys. In the sky, Bionic Bird is the only flying object in the world that does not frighten birds away.
Bionic Bird is packed with micro-technologies weighing less than 10 grams. Bionic Bird mimics both the soaring of an eagle and the rapid flapping flight of a swallow. Even real birds think it’s one of them! Outside, Bionic Bird can fly with a range of up to 100 meters with speeds up to 20km/h. The Bionic Bird can fly indoors if the tail is set to slow mode. Continue Reading →
Each year I have a check list for CES that continues to grow from lessons learned from past CESs. A couple months back I posted my infamous CES checklist on Cutegeek however I have thought of a few more tips for CES. I also found a map of all the venues hosting CES events which will come in handy.
Below is my ever growing checklist and tips to help you plan your CES 2017 trip accordingly.
- Always bring more than 100 business cards, you give those out like candy there plus you don’t want be “that person” if you run out.
- Get the CES 2017 app for your Android or Apple, this will help when you need to go to different halls at the Las Vegas Convention center.
- Ladies or if you are a man that likes heals. DON’T DO IT!! I made this mistake a couple times and by the end of CES my feet were burning due to walking around so much. Try a lower pair wedges or cute flats.
- If you are press take advantage of the Press Room. It has massive work space, they have multiple plugs to charge your smartphone and free food.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR CHARGER AND PORTABLE CHARGER! Bring two in fact. The last thing you want to be is that sad person sitting on the floor next to a plug stagnate. I suggest looking into myCharge, EnerPlex, Mophie and Goal Zero.
- Definitely bring some pens just in case though you will get tons of them while there.
- Bring a bag to carry all the goodies you get when you visit booths.
- Anti-Bacterial since you shake so many hands it’s smart to carry one instead of getting the CES Flu (it’s not fun believe me).
- While packing keep in mind to leave space to take your bag of swag home.
- Pack some snacks, it’s easy to miss lunch or breakfast.
- Make sure your hotel is on or near the CES shuttle line or your screwed; you will end up spending more money on taxis and the CES shuttle line is free. The routes and schedule are on the CES site.
- Bring a tide stickor the shout wipes just in case you miss your mouth and you are a hot mess with food all over your shirt.
- Band aids for potential blisters from walking or random injuries. Like one year I had a really bad paper cut and I learned quickly no one carries band aids anymore.
- Baby powder…I know what? It’s for your hair, if you don’t have time to shower for the next event and you have greasy hair this does the trick.
- Gum or mints especially if you are a close talker or had a meal with onions at lunch.
- Safety Pins and Travel Sewing Kit, if one of your buttons pops off or you get a small tear in your outfit, it’s better to be prepared.
- Always have a little bit of cash on you at all times just in case you can’t get on the CES shuttle and need to take a cab or at an event where you should tip the bartenders.
- Take interchangeable outfits that converts your day look to an evening look
For those interested in going to CES click here for information on travel, tickets, maps, schedule and local transportation. Good luck to all my geeks attending CES 2017 and see you all in Vegas Baby!
In this day and age everything technology wise is “smart,” there is even a smart plate but it doesn’t stop there. We now have smart teas as well. 42tea combines the tea tradition with the easy-to-use feature of connected devices using the smart cube that is connected to their smartphone app. The smart cube guides you through each step of preparation (dosage tea/water, infusion time and temperature) depending on the tea chosen.
IoTea will be officially launched at the CES in Las Vegas, January 2017, from the 5th to the 8th, where it was rewarded with an Innovation award in the category Smart Home. I will definitely stop by 42tea‘s booth while at CES because I am intrigued and also fail at making tea that taste good.
Every year CES has the Innovation Awards and given how fast technology is moving this years winners of the Innovation Awards must have worked hard to make the cut. Products entered in the Innovation Awards program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 28 product categories.
This years honorees at CES 2017 include: HP, Moto, Lenovo, Xooloo, Google, Crazybaby, Contenintal, Sleep Number and many more. To see the full list and learn more about all these new and innovative products click here and click here for more information about each honoree.
I hope to see all of my geek fans at CES 2017, it’s almost Vegas time!!!