Each year I have a check list for CES that continues to grow from lessons learned from past CESs. A couple months back I posted my infamous CES checklist on Cutegeek however I have thought of a few more tips for CES. I also found a map of all the venues hosting CES events which will come in handy.
Below is my ever growing checklist and tips to help you plan your CES 2017 trip accordingly.
- Always bring more than 100 business cards, you give those out like candy there plus you don’t want be “that person” if you run out.
- Get the CES 2017 app for your Android or Apple, this will help when you need to go to different halls at the Las Vegas Convention center.
- Ladies or if you are a man that likes heals. DON’T DO IT!! I made this mistake a couple times and by the end of CES my feet were burning due to walking around so much. Try a lower pair wedges or cute flats.
- If you are press take advantage of the Press Room. It has massive work space, they have multiple plugs to charge your smartphone and free food.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR CHARGER AND PORTABLE CHARGER! Bring two in fact. The last thing you want to be is that sad person sitting on the floor next to a plug stagnate. I suggest looking into myCharge, EnerPlex, Mophie and Goal Zero.
- Definitely bring some pens just in case though you will get tons of them while there.
- Bring a bag to carry all the goodies you get when you visit booths.
- Anti-Bacterial since you shake so many hands it’s smart to carry one instead of getting the CES Flu (it’s not fun believe me).
- While packing keep in mind to leave space to take your bag of swag home.
- Pack some snacks, it’s easy to miss lunch or breakfast.
- Make sure your hotel is on or near the CES shuttle line or your screwed; you will end up spending more money on taxis and the CES shuttle line is free. The routes and schedule are on the CES site.
- Bring a tide stickor the shout wipes just in case you miss your mouth and you are a hot mess with food all over your shirt.
- Band aids for potential blisters from walking or random injuries. Like one year I had a really bad paper cut and I learned quickly no one carries band aids anymore.
- Baby powder…I know what? It’s for your hair, if you don’t have time to shower for the next event and you have greasy hair this does the trick.
- Gum or mints especially if you are a close talker or had a meal with onions at lunch.
- Safety Pins and Travel Sewing Kit, if one of your buttons pops off or you get a small tear in your outfit, it’s better to be prepared.
- Always have a little bit of cash on you at all times just in case you can’t get on the CES shuttle and need to take a cab or at an event where you should tip the bartenders.
- Take interchangeable outfits that converts your day look to an evening look
For those interested in going to CES click here for information on travel, tickets, maps, schedule and local transportation. Good luck to all my geeks attending CES 2017 and see you all in Vegas Baby!