South By Southwest (SXSW) 2018 is less than 10 days away and there is still time to purchase a pass on their site. Attendees can also register to get the free guest pass located here: https://guestpass.sxsw.com/.
Since SXSW is just around the corner updates on artists or celebrities attending the festival continues to expand. Recently SXSW announced pioneer Nonny de la Peña as a new Keynote, along with more women Featured Speakers for SXSW 2018 that are listed below.
- Amber Baldet (JP Morgan). As leader of J.P. Morgan’s Blockchain Center of Excellence, Baldet is tasked with setting a comprehensive blockchain strategy for the corporate and investment bank, developing cutting-edge technology, curating strategic investments, and performing client outreach. At SXSW, she will talk “Business on the Blockchain.” March 11.
- Rukmini Callimachi (New York Times). Callimachi is a renowned foreign correspondent who made her name covering al-Qaeda and Islamic extremism, and is a two-time Pulitzer Prize finalist. Hear her perspectives on the state of the news. March 10.
- Sandy Carter (Amazon Web Services). Consistently recognized by her peers as one of the most influential and powerful women in technology, Carter now serves as VP of Enterprise Workloads at Amazon. She will be part of the “3 Innovation Superpowers Everyone Has But Isn’t Using” session. March 12.
- Kim Deal (Musician). A songwriter and musician known for her work as the bassist of the alternative rock band The Pixies and the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for The Breeders, Deal will cover her life career. March 14.
- Lara Logan (60 Minutes). In conversation with Jeff Fager, this veteran reporter will discuss how the 60 Minutes franchise has remained relevant in the digital age with an energizing strategy that keeps the show timely and at the forefront of American journalism. March 10.
- Yiying Lu (Creative Director). An award-winning artist and designer, Lu was named a “Top 10 Emerging Leader in Innovation” in the Microsoft Next 100 series. She’ll talk shop regarding her iconic works and time as the first Creative in Residence at IDEO Shanghai. March 12.
- Karlie Kloss (Model & Entrepreneur). Hear how learning to code inspired this supermodel and entrepreneur to start a nonprofit that empowers girls to learn coding skills and become leaders in tech. March 12.
- Amy Powell (Paramount TV & Digital Entertainment). Powell will be part of the “Informal & Candid Conversation with Female Leaders in Television” that will tackle male-to-female representation, sexual misconduct, executive leadership, and other timely and important issues. March 10.
- Symone Sanders (Principal of the 360 Group LLC). Sanders can be seen on CNN as a Political Commentator. She is currently Principal of the 360 Group LLC, where she provides strategic communications guidance. At SXSW, she will discuss “Technology, Media, and Politics.” March 10.
- Bozoma Saint John (Uber). Recently named the Chief Brand Officer for Uber, Saint John has earned a formidable reputation as a trailblazing marketing and advertising executive. Learn how she has spearheaded campaigns geared towards growing consumer brand recognition, loyalty, and equity around the world. March 11.
2018 SXSW Comedy Festival Updates:
Explore programming highlights below and stay tuned for more announcements from SXSW Comedy, which will include additional performers, showcases, and events. Full details and lineups will soon be live at sxsw.com/comedy/2018. The SXSW Comedy Festival is open to all SXSW Badges, Music Festival and Film Festival Wristband holders.
2018 SXSW Comedy Festival Participants:
Adam Lustick • Adam Pally • Aparna Nancherla • Baron Vaughn • Beth Stelling • Betsy Sodaro • Bill Hader • Chris Garcia • Conner O’Malley • Dave Anthony • Dave Hill • David Gborie • Dick Cavett • Doug Benson • Gareth Reynolds • Godfrey • Horatio Sanz • Ian Abramson • Ian Karmel • Jake Weisman • James Adomian • James Davis • Jermaine Fowler • Jim Gaffigan • Jo Firestone • Joe Pera • Jon Gabrus • Lauren Lapkus • Leonard Maltin • Liza Treyger • Lynne Koplitz • Maeve Higgins • Martha Kelly • Matt Besser • Matt Ingebretson • Matteo Lane • Matthew Broussard • Monroe Martin • Nick Thune • Nick Offerman • Orlando Leyba • Pat Bishop • Rachel Bloom • Ramon Rivas • Robin Thede • Ron White • Roy Wood Jr. • Sam Morril • Scott Aukerman • Sean Patton • Stuart Goldsmith • Vanessa Gonzalez • Willie Barcena
2018 SXSW Comedy Festival Special Programs Featuring:
ASSSSCAT • Butterboy • Comedy Bang! Bang! • Comedy Central’s Corporate Retreat • Doug Loves Movies • improv4humans • James Davis and Friends • Loud Village Live • Maltin on Movies • The Comedian’s Comedian • The Dollop • Witch Taint
SXSW 2018 Sessions Update:
SXSW Mentor Sessions, Round Table Sessions, and Workshops are now open for RSVPs. Sign up to speak with one of their 440+ mentors and more across all of the 24 Tracks of programming through the online schedule or via the SXSW GO mobile app.
For the latest news on SXSW 2018 sign up for SXSW Event Updates and follow SXSW on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I will be covering SXSW Interactive and will also post on my @nrpena twitter account and Facebook during the festival.
See you all at SXSW 2018! We can’t wait!