The iLive Truly Wire-Free Earbuds comes with True Wireless Stereo technology with a sweatproof design. Equipped with Bluetooth v5.1 technology, users can easily navigate to the next song or pair to a new device with voice prompts wirelessly.
For easy plug-and-play use, the earbuds are paired together right out of the box so you can quickly get set up with the on-ear controls. The truly wireless earbuds come with a charging case and include 3 different ear tips for customers to customize their fit.
iLive Truly Wire-Free Earbuds Features:
- Sweatproof design – safe to wear during heavy exercising
- Supports Bluetooth v5.1
- TWS – True Wireless Stereo
- On-ear controls: volume up, volume down,pairing/play/pause/phone answering/power
- Built-in microphone
- Nominal impedance: 32ohms
- Sensitivity: 100dB+/-5dB at 1kH
- Driver: 10mm
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- USB-C port for battery recharge
- Voice prompts
- Charge indicator
- DC battery power: built-in rechargeable lithium ion batteries
- Charge time: 120 minutes
- Charging case capacity supports 1 full charge of the earbuds
- Battery life: ~2.5 hours at 50% volume
- Battery life: ~1.5 hours at 100% volume
- USB-C port for battery recharge
- Dimensions:2.4 x 1.57 x 1.02
- The 4 blue LEDs represent the amount of battery the case charger has
When you unbox the iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds you will find a pair of earbuds, a charging case, 3 sets of ear tips and a USB-C Cable. As soon as I took the earbuds out of the case they are powered on, automatically linked and enter into pairing mode. Please note: You can power on a single earbud to use as a single unit if you wish.
With the earbuds linked I was now able to connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth. The LED indicator on the right earbud will continue flashing blue and red, indicating it is ready to pair to a Bluetooth device.
Withing my iPhone, I went into Bluetooth Settings and searched for nearby devices. The earbuds show up as IAEBT40. After selecting IAEBT40 and connecting successfully, the LED indicator on both of the earbuds flashed blue, slowly and the voice prompt announced the Bluetooth connection.
Now that the iLive Truly Wire-Free Earbuds were connected it was time to test them, first by familiarizing myself with the on-ear controls. Below are the control options for the earbuds.
- Press and hold for 5 seconds to power ON/OFF.
- Press to play/pause music.
- Press to answer/end phone calls.
- Press and hold for 2 seconds to reject incoming calls.
- Press and hold for 2 seconds to activate voice assistant. (SIRI or Google assistant)
- Quickly press twice to skip to next track (RIGHT).
- Quickly press twice to play previous tracks (LEFT).
- Quickly press three times to turn volume up (RIGHT).
- Quickly press three times to turn volume down (LEFT).
After figuring out the controls, I took off for my workout to test how well do the earbuds work, especially in the Texas heat where sweating is imminent.
The problem I always have is earbuds slipping out when I start running or if I turn my head abruptly mid-work (mid-sweat). Fortunately, during my testing they never fell out, even though I thought the size of the earbud would, after 2 miles in Texas heat, they never did.
When I finished my workout, I placed the earbuds back in the charging case. Please note, 4 blue LEDs represent the amount of battery the case charger has with 1 LED=25%, 2 LEDs=50%, 3 LEDs=75%, and 4 LEDs=100%.
Overall, if you are looking for an inexpensive earbud with quality sound the iLive Truly Wire-Free Earbuds may be a great option for you. They are light in weight and stay in your ears, even when sweating heavily!
They retail for only $69.99 and can be purchased here: https://iliveelectronics.com/earbuds/ilive-truly-wire-free-earbuds-iaebt40b.html.