I received the Picture Keeper Connect recently to do a product review. Picture Keeper Connect offers photo backup solutions for all devices including: smartphones, tablets, and computers. Picture Keeper Connect works anywhere, anytime.There is no WiFi needed and the Picture Keeper Connect is compatible with iOS, Android™, Windows® & Mac®.
The no WiFi feature interested me; how does it work? Per Picture Keeper, mobile backup solutions in the cloud have a serious limitation and they only work if you have an internet connection. Picture Keeper Connect files are not stored online, you maintain total control of your photos. Share photos and videos with your family and friends without using your data plan!
- Access connect anywhere, anytime
- Easily transfer files to new devices
- Easily upgrade to additional storage
- Free up storage space on mobile devices
- Keep your important files and photos in one secure place
- Plug-and-play functionality.
Picture Keeper’s Capability Requirements Include:
- Mobile Requirements: iPhone 5 and Newer (iOS 6+) and Android OTG (Android 3.1+).
- Computer Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, MAC OS 10.5 (and newer) computers.
Picture Keeper is easy to start by simply downloading the free Picture Keeper Connect app. All I did was plug the Picture Keeper Connect drive into my device and I launched the app. You do have to create an account like most apps to get started. Once the app was launched I clicked “Start Backup’” and Picture Keeper Connect download my photos, videos and contacts. At the end I was asked if I wanted my pictures erase and also reminded me to make sure I have duplicate copies of all pictures so I do not loose any in the middle of transitioning them off my iPhone.
The Picture Keeper app also has new features that make it even easier to capture photos or videos. Below is a list of the new features plus details of each feature.
- Greater customization: Create custom gifts and prints with your photos directly from the drive using the free app.
- Emergency features: Simply plug the drive into any phone or smart device for instant access to stored contacts and important phone numbers.
- Increased versatility: View your files on someone else’s phone or share your photos from your computer or phone.
- Time-saving capabilities: View, select, backup, and delete single items or entire albums from the phone or drive.
The Picture Keeper Connect storage sizes come in either 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB. The Picture Keeper Connect can connect to your mobile device via lightening or micro- USB cables. The Picture Keeper Connect starts from $119.99 on their site.
I personally found the Picture Keeper Connect easy to use and love the blue blinking LED light informing users when or when it is not connected. If you are looking for a storage flash drive that is easy to use, inexpensive and relatively small I strongly suggest checking out the Picture Keeper Connect.
Source: Picture Keeper