Announced this week during CES 2022, Fossil, the American fashion designer and watch manufacturer, has collaborated with Razer, the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers, for a limited-edition smartwatch for gamers. The Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch is the first smartwatch powered by the Snapdragon Wear 4100+ Platform which provides users upgrades in speed, performance and faster application load time. The Gen 6 smartwatch runs on Wear OS by Google with an overall 30% increased performance from previous gens.
With a 44mm black case, the Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch features three exclusive watch faces including Analog, Text and Chroma, and elements of a Razer user interface. It will also include two custom-designed and interchangeable 22mm silicone straps in Razer’s iconic black and green plus a 4 pin USB fast charging with a magnetic puck.
The Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch boasts a shorter charging time and extended battery life for users to maximize their day and night. The Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch reaches 80% charge in only a little more than 30 minutes of charging. This, combined with the Snapdragon Wear 4100+ platform’s decreased power consumption and Fossil Group-developed Smart Battery Modes, enables users to quickly reach a full charge in the morning after tracking sleep.
The Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch includes top wellness features as a nod to both brands’ commitments to wellness and comes only a few months after the launch of Razer’s dedicated wellness initiative for gamers, Champions Start From Within.
The Gen 6’s heart rate sensor allows continuous tracking and improved signal accuracy. Users will also benefit from the new SpO2 sensor, which tracks an estimate of the wearer’s blood oxygen measurements to see how well their body is circulating oxygen over time. Track your sleep history, monitor restfulness and set sleep goals in the Sleep Tile throughout the night, then quickly charge the smartwatch before your day begins.
Plus, users will continue to enjoy the wellness updates previously released from Fossil Group, including Cardio Fitness Level tracking, which shows an estimation of VO2 max using resting heart rate and user biometrics to indicate overall cardiorespiratory health over time.
Additionally, hands-free notifications and tethered calls with the built-in microphone will keep you connected without you having to hit pause on your day, or your game.
The Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch will also be compatible with Google’s new system update, Wear OS 3, announced in 2021. The smartwatch will be eligible for the Wear OS 3 system update in 2022, alongside other updates that will continue to improve the overall user experience.
Razer X Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch Additional Features Include:
- Stainless steel case, topring and pushers
- 44mm case size
- Stunning 1.28’’ touchscreen digital display (326 ppi)
- Swimproof (up to 3 ATM)
- Customizable dials and button functionality
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets
- Increased performance and lower power consumption with Snapdragon Wear™ 4100+
- Access to download new Wear OS apps and experiences on Google Play from favorite brands, including new features like offline playback for premium YouTube Music and Spotify Premium users
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 5.0 LE, Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC SE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Altimeter, PPG Heart Rate, SpO2, Off-body IR, Ambient Light – Wear OS by Google
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB RAM
- 4 pin USB fast charging with magnetic puck
Razer x Fossil Gen 6 will retail for $329 and will be available this month in a limited quantity of just 1,337 units for purchase at www.fossil.com, www.razer.com, and select Fossil retail stores. To learn more, visit www.fossil.com and follow @Fossil.
Since 1984, Fossil is inspired by American creativity and ingenuity from traditional watches to smartwatches, bags to wallets, jewelry to gifts, that complement every style, and fit every lifestyle. Their brands include Fossil, Relic, Michele Watch, Skagen Denmark, Misfit, WSI, and Zodiac Watches. Fossil also makes licensed accessories for brands such as BMW, Puma, Emporio Armani, Michael Kors, DKNY, Diesel, Kate Spade New York, Tory Burch, Chaps, and Armani Exchange.
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers. The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.Razer’s award-winning hardware includes high-performance gaming peripherals and Blade gaming laptops.
Source: Razer, Fossil
- Compared to the Gen 5 Smartwatch
- Google, Android, YouTube Music and Wear OS by Google are trademarks of Google LLC. Wear
- OS by Google works with phones running the latest version of Android (excluding Go edition and phones without Google Play Store) or iOS. Supported features may vary between platforms and countries with compatibility subject to change.
- Snapdragon and Snapdragon Wear are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
- Snapdragon Wear is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.