CES 2018 was one of the busiest years thus far with more exhibit’s and attendees so it was impossible to see everything. One booth I missed stopping by during CES was Eyesynth exhibit though it was on my list to stop by. Eyesynth is an audiovisual system for the blind. Eyesynth consists of a pair of glasses connected to a microcomputer. The Eyesynth system records the surrounding environment in three dimensions. Then, the collected data is converted into understandable audio for the blind.
Eyesynth recently launched pre-ordering before the glasses go to market with a distribution date of September 2018. Below is more information on the preordering, the features and technical specifications of the Eyesynth.
- To pre-order please visit: https://eyesynth.com/product/pre-order-eyesynth-glasses-2/?lang=en
- This Pre-order is a payment in advance of the Eyesynth System.
- The reserve price is € 499. If you are one of our first 100 customers, the final price will be € 1,695 (including taxes).
- Once distribution starts, EYESYNTH S.L. will contact those clients that have made the pre-order deposit to receive the rest of the payment plus shipping costs. After which the glasses will be sent to them.
- In the event that the glasses cannot be distributed in September of 2018, EYESYNTH S.L. will refund the entire amount of the pre-order to the Client, with the exception that the Client specifically accepts a new delivery date.
- Full 3D. The user not only can identify shapes and spaces: he/she is also able to measure depth and locate objects accurately.
- The sound is abstract, no words are used, and the system is very easy to learn. It’s a new language that the brain can automate.
- Cochlear audio. The sound is transmitted through the head bones, so the ears are free to listen. The ear fatigue is avoided.
- Tracking Mode: The glasses only capture the central, front view. The user has to sweep left and right, in a similar way as when using a cane.
- Panoramic Mode: The glasses capture the whole scene, and distributes the audio in the stereo field. The user gets a full panorama in stereo audio.
- Frame: Aluminium, Acetate, Plastic
- Ready for opaque or prescription lenses
- Camera lenses: High luminosity, FOV 76º
- High speed image sensors (60 fps)
- Integrated piezoelectric bone conduction audio system
- Processor: ARM Architecture
- High-performance FPGA chip
- Battery: 5500 mAh
- Continuous operation: Eight hours
- Operating modes: Seek mode / Full Panoramic
- Selectable viewing distances: 0.8m, 1.5m, 3m, 6m.
- Safety aids (location, alarms, video streaming)
- Guide Me: App-based guiding help
- New software functions in development
I wished I would have had time to stop and have a demo of Eyesynth but hopefully they will send me a review unit to be featured so stay tuned!
About Eyesynth is built by a team of seasoned people, designers, engineers, business people, and testers. All of them passionate, bold, and of course with a healthy dose of madness. Eyesynth staff is always pushing limits and finding ways to avoid potential problems. They are constantly looking for new and interesting people who can add value to their journey.