The 2021 Austin City Limits (ACL) Music Festival, located in Zilker Park, Austin, Texas, is still set to happen from October 1st through the 3rd and the 8th through 10th. The ACL team has certainly had their challenges with this year’s line-up but major headliners George Strait, Billie Eilish, Miley Cyrus, Megan Thee Stallion, Machine Gun Kelly, and Rüfüs Du Sol are still scheduled to perform.
Several weeks ago, DaBaby was removed as a headliner due to homophobic remarks he made at a recent music festival and was replaced by Tyler, The Creator. Stevie Nicks also announced she would no longer be performing at the festival due to health and safety concerns, and Duran Duran was announced as her replacement.
ACL Lineup can also be found here: https://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.
Austin City Limits COVID-19 Requirements
After canceling last year’s festival and with new the new COVID-19 Delta variant there are been several changes to make the event still happen. A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of attending ACL Festival. Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Information related to masks will be released closer to the festival dates.
Festival Entry Procedures
- Comply with the ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
- Each day, bring a printed copy of your Negative COVID-19 test, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record.
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- Please also remember their updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and NO liquids are allowed to be brought into ACL Festival.
ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
ACL asks that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
Austin Kiddie Limits
Austin Kiddie Limits will take a pause in 2021 and will return next year. ACL Fest still welcomes music fans of all ages, including kids. Children 10 and younger will be admitted free of charge with a ticket-holding adult. All attendees, including children, must bring a printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of attending ACL Festival.
For more information about ACL health policy please visit: https://www.aclfestival.com/safety.
To learn more about ACL 2021 please visit: https://www.aclfestival.com/.