Today YEVO Labs, a Stockholm-based innovation lab born from the creators of Happy Plugs, announced the availability of its flagship product, YEVO 1. This new generation of smart headphones are engineered using Near-Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) pairing technology which sets them apart from other Bluetooth-connected wireless devices.
The general public mostly uses Bluetooth devices when connecting to their smartphone, tablet or PC and you don’t hear many say they connect using NFMI pairing technology. To give you an idea of the difference between NFMI pairing versus Bluetooth pairing and why YEVO 1 chose to use both we need to compare reliability, security, power efficiency, and point multi-point networks between the two.
- NFMI – No interactions with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or any other standard wireless 2-way communications platform
- Bluetooth – Interference from other Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi, multi-path fading, reflection and even the environment
- NFMI – Signal falls immediately below the noise floor, providing extremely low probabilities of detection and interception
- Bluetooth – The signal can be detected and intercepted up to hundreds of meters away
- NFMI – Devices ‘recycle’ the energy in their signal and last up to 5X longer than comparable Bluetooth devices
- Bluetooth – Devices radiate all of the energy in their signal into free space and cannot recycle that energy
Point Multipoint Networks:
- NFMI – Designed to intelligently connect many devices within a single wireless Personal Area Network
- Bluetooth – Does a poor job of connecting multiple devices within a single wireless Personal Area Network
As you can see there are more down falls than you think Bluetooth technology would have and that is why YEVO Labs created YEVO 1 using NFMI and Bluetooth 4.1. A smart move and I assume to cover all their bases considering most people are familiar with Bluetooth pairing.
Unlike other True Wireless headphones, YEVO 1 lets listeners experience ultimate freedom with Bluetooth 4.1 connection and Near-Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) pairing for secure connectivity. Innovative NFMI technology, originating in the hearing aid industry, utilizes a low-power magnetic field to transmit data, meaning listeners will use far less power with YEVO 1 than other Bluetooth-connected headphones.
YEVO 1’s streamlined aesthetic is inspired by faceted precious metals and smooth silhouettes. The headphones deliver a synchronized and wire-free HD sound through Knowles® balanced armatures and the latest advancements in audio. They deliver a safe, crystal-clear sound quality that is fine-tuned to hit crisp highs and deep lows.
Key Features of YEVO 1 include:
- DESIGN & STYLE – Inspired by faceted precious metals and smooth shapes to deliver advanced technology in a sleek, sophisticated way.
- PASSIVE NOISE ISOLATION – Passive noise cancellation begins as soon as YEVO 1 is inserted into your ears. Activate audio transparency with a tap to hear the world around you.
- ACOUSTICS – Built with two dedicated amps driving high-precision balanced armature speakers for an incredibly detailed sound with excellent mid and high-tones and a tight bass response all reproduced with minimal distortion. Designed for pro-audio in-ear applications.
- APP CONTROL – Customize EQ, toggle between Presets and Filters or activate Bass Boost, customized touch controls and Audio Transparency to get out the most out of YEVO 1.
- TOUCH & CONTROL – Manage volume, take phone calls, control your music, activate audio transparency, access Siri and Google Now and more with just a tap.
- LIGHTWEIGHT / FREEDOM – Weighing only 8 grams, YEVO 1 fits securely and comfortably in your ear for unlimited freedom of movement. 6 different ear tips guarantee a perfect fit.
- STORAGE & CHARGE CASE – Charge on the go with the sophisticated and lightweight (80 grams) storage case.
- AUDIO TRANSPARENCY & MICROPHONES – Audio Transparency keeps you connected to your surroundings by letting sound in or keeping it out. With three omni-directional microphones, one microphone allows for calls while the other two microphones keep listening to your surroundings, filtering away unwanted noise for crisp call quality.
- BATTERY – Up to 20 hours of battery life* with the elegant, slim storage and charge case.
- CONNECTIVITY – Connect with 4.1 Bluetooth and Near-Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) pairing, ranging up to 33 feet from any Bluetooth enabled device/phone/tablet.
YEVO 1 is wrapped in Rose Gold, Gold and Glossy Black accents and available in three colorways – Jet Black, Ivory White and Onyx Black. YEVO 1 is now available for $249.00 at Bloomingdales US, Best Buy Canada, Colette Paris and worldwide at www.yevolabs.com. For more information on YEVO 1, visit www.yevolabs.com.
* Battery time is approximate and depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, voice and data mix, and features selected. Listening time: 3-4h and calling time 3h per charge. Charging case yields 4-5 extra charges on the go.