It has been a busy week for Toymail who just announced their new monthly cloud service and national retail rollout for the Talkie. The launch of their new cloud-based subscription will enhance Talkies current 2-way talk over WiFi capabilities.
What is a Talkie?
Talkie is a connected toy in the shape of a stuffed animal that allows users to communicate via 2-way talk over WiFi. The hidden component inside the Talkie that is compatible with phones, tablets, and other Talkies. Another feature is the Talkies “Talkbox” is removable so you can change characters and wash the Talkie when needed.
What does this new cloud service include?
Customers will have access to the Toymail cloud and some of these features include:
- Play – play hide and seek and other fun games
- Music – curated family-friendly songs on your Talkie
- Calendar – an audible calendar to help with your kids’ routine
- Sleep – lullabies and soft sounds to help soothe your child to sleep
- Words and numbers – learn new words and engage with numbers
- Voice Changer – more fun than your actual voice!
The product specifications include:
- 2-way voice chat
- IOS / Android / Kindle Fire compatible
- Grows with your child – expandable content
- Reminders help kids stay on track
- Reacts to physical play
- Schedule sleep and wake times
- Parental approved contacts
- Washable, interchangeable skins
- WIFI built-in (2.4 GHZ compatibile, does not require a phone to use)
- Runs on 4AA batteries (not included)
In the near future the platform will soon promote language learning, reading comprehension, spelling, pronunciation and more.
Nationwide Retail Distribution News:
Toymail also announced their rollout into nationwide retail distribution at Best Buy and Target. Partnering with these retailers will make Talkie characters available nationwide in nearly 4,000 retail locations and online. Toymail will continue to build on their new services, new features and new industry-leading connected toys.
The new cloud based service is relatively inexpensive at the introductory price of only $2.99/month or an annual $30 fee. Toymail’s Talkies including the Talkbox currently retails for $59.00 however on the Best Buy site they are on sale for $44.99.
Crowdfunded in 2013 and featured on ABC’s Shark Tank, Toymail is an award-winning platform that revolutionizes the way children communicate and connect throughout the day, while keeping them off-screen. Toymail’s groundbreaking technology is simple and kid-safe, fusing physical play in a digital environment and strengthening connections with loved ones. Based in New York City, Toymail has received $3.5M in funding from Amazon’s Alexa Fund, Verizon’s BBG Fund, Lowercase Capital, iHeartVentures and Y Combinator. For further information on Toymail, please visit www.toymail.co.