Today, April 2, 2021, The RealReal (TRR), one of the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, has opened its newest store at the Domain, in Austin, Texas. The store features women’s & men’s fashion, fine jewelry & watches, home & art with 2 Luxury Consignment Offices all in 3,050 square ft of retail space.
In support of the circular economy, TRR is a sustainable company and gives new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories that include women’s and men’s fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home decor. With thousands of one-of-a-kind pieces curated for Austin shoppers, new items are added daily at the store.
Utilizing a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, TRR provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. TRR does all the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service.
The RealReal Expert Services Include:
- Complimentary fine jewelry, watch, handbag valuations by TRR experts, including gemologists & horologists
- Virtual/ In-person consignment appointments + curbside drop-off
- In April, receive a $100 TRR shopping credit for selling at our stores
- Consignors receive a sustainable mask made from upcycled t-shirts (while supplies last)
- Full menu of services for all categories, including cleaning, repairs, bespoke alterations
- Convenient shopping with same-day buy online, pick up in-store or pick up curbside
Merchandise Services at The RealReal Stores:
- Best-sellers: handbags (Chanel, Prada) + casual/eclectic apparel (Marni, Isabel Marant)
- Trending: vintage clothing (Missoni, Etro), vintage handbags (Gucci, Fendi) + emerging brands (Marine Serre, Eckhaus Latta)
- What to sell now: spring essentials (sandals, light jackets, midi dresses) + luxury handbags (Hermès, Goyard) *Hermès Kelly handbags sell for 92% of their original retail price on average
- Best-sellers: sneakers (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Jordan, Yeezy, Nike)
- Trending: outdoor-ready clothing + accessories (transitional outerwear, classic hoodies)
- What to sell now: travel + utility bags from Gucci, Louis Vuitton + Goyard ○ Average sale price of Louis Vuitton x Supreme backpacks +51% since last year
Fine Jewelry & Watches
- Best-sellers: Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpel, Tiffany & Co. jewelry + Rolex watches
- Trending: outdoor, utilitarian style watches (NATO, Panerai, Hublot); ‘toolbox’ style jewelry (chains, locks, toggles) from Tiffany & Co. + Cartier
- What to sell now: marquis jewelry + watch brands; millennial-favorite jewelry brands (Foundrae, Spinelli Kilcollin)
Home & Art
- Best-sellers: photographs from contemporary photographer + filmmaker Luke Gilford (portraits celebrating America’s queer rodeo subculture)
- Trending: bold, post-modern decor + artwork mixed with natural handmade ceramics
The new TRR location is in the Domain Northside at 11700 Domain Blvd, Ste 120, Austin, TX 78758. The current store hours are Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and on Sunday’s from 12pm to 6pm.
To learn more or visit the store online please visit https://www.therealreal.com/austin.
Source: The RealReal