SXSW Gaming 2019 is going to be epic and one of the largest thus far. SXSW Gaming 2019 has previously announced their 2019 Featured Speakers and Sessions, they just recently announced the first batch of Tournaments. Tournaments include League of Legends, Overwatch, Street Fighter V, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and many more for SXSW Gaming 2019! Similar to past years, SXSW Gaming 2019 will also have the Cosplay Contest, Indie Corner, SXSW Gaming Awards and Pitch Competition Finals will also be back to honor the best of the best in the gaming community. Below are the Tournament, Cosplay Contest, Indie Corner, SXSW Gaming Awards and Pitch Competition Finals that SXSW Gaming 2019 recently announced.
SXSW Gaming PC Arena Tournaments
- League of Legends: Compete as a team with your friends or join new allies for this intense League of Legends tournament series.
- PUBG 2v2: Pair up with only your most trusted friends and compete for immeasurable glory in PUBG, the Battle Royale classic.
Saturday, March 16 Tournaments
- Overwatch: Overwatch, the esports sensation is coming back to the PC Arena where attendees compete in this year’s tournament series.
- Fortnite 2v2: Build, destroy, and fight your way to victory in Fortnite at the PC Arena! Lead your team to success, or show your friends who’s boss.
Sunday, March 17 Tournament
- Rocket League 2v2: Start your engines and face off against the best rocket-powered soccer car professionals in the world with this ultimate gaming and sports mashup!
SXSW Gaming Arcade Bunker Tournaments
Join in on daily tournaments and organized play sessions throughout all three days of SXSW Gaming including the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Join in daily at the Arcade Bunker to compete in a tournament series available to all and listed below.
Friday, March 15 Tournament
- Tekken 7: Compete against newcomers and legends in this tournament found only at the Arcade Bunker.
- Street Fighter V: Claim the title of greatest in the most recognizable fighting game of all time.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ: Challenge brand new opponents with your freshly-developed skills in this exclusive Dragon Ball FighterZ tournament found only at the Arcade Bunker.
Sunday, March 17 Tournament
- Soul Calibur VI Tournament: Soul Calibur makes its debut at SXSW Gaming with an amateur tournament series found only in the Arcade Bunker!
SXSW Gaming Tabletop Experience
Here you’ll find the latest arrivals, as well as long-time classics, with their exclusive library of over a hundred unique games. Below are the Tabletop Experience all weekend long gaming experiences.
- Magic the Gathering: Weekend League – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Running all weekend long, join the Magic: The Gathering league at the SXSW Gaming Tabletop Experience and receive a prize pack that includes a Planeswalker Preconstructed Deck, 2 additional booster packs, and an exclusive SXSW playmat.
- Pokémon Trading Card Game: Weekend Gym Package – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Running all weekend long, sign up for the Pokémon Trading Card Game gym package at the SXSW Gaming Tabletop Experience and receive a pre-constructed Pokemon Theme deck and an exclusive SXSW playmat.
Below is the Table Top Experiences Tournaments schedule.
- KeyForge: Call of the Archons Tournament (Sealed | Elimination): This Swiss-style tournament will equip registered players with three new decks to play with. Once you lose with one deck, that deck is eliminated from your pool of eligible decks to use. If all of your decks have been eliminated, you lose!
Saturday, March 16
- KeyForge: Call of the Archons Tournament (Constructed | Diminishing Returns): Bring three KeyForge: Call of the Archons decks to participate in this Swiss-style diminishing returns tournament. Once you win with one deck, that deck is eliminated from your pool of eligible decks to use. If all of your decks have been eliminated, you lose!
Sunday, March 17
- KeyForge: Call of the Archons Tournament (Constructed | Elimination): Bring three KeyForge: Call of the Archons decks to participate in this Swiss-style deck elimination tournament. Once you lose with one deck, that deck is eliminated from your pool of eligible decks to use. If all of your decks have been eliminated, you lose!
The prizes for these tournaments will be announced within the next couple of weeks along with the programming for the Tournament Stage.
The Indie Corner is your chance to play and vote on the best indie games around. Challenge yourself to play all the greatest indie titles of the year and vote on which game should win a 2019 SXSW Gamer’s Voice Award!
Attendees wishing to be a part of the fun will be able to sign up before the festival through this form. With more information to be shared soon, don’t forget to favorite this must-see event and see their website for up-to-date information on categories for 2019.
The SXSW Gaming Awards recognizes the greatest titles, teams, and individuals from across the gaming industry. Join special guest hosts and presenters for the sixth-annual SXSW Gaming Awards as SXSW Gaming honors dozens of phenomenal games from 2018 with exclusive surprises and entertainment throughout the night.
The SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition Finals will spotlight some of the most innovative and intriguing new game ideas in a competition to determine which deserves the title of Best Pitch at SXSW Gaming 2019. Judges for the 2019 competition include Kiki Wolfkill (343 Industries), Matthew Evans (Nickelodeon), Nigel Lowrie (Devolver Digital), and Thomas Puha (Remedy Entertainment).
Attendees with a SXSW Gaming wristband of SXSW Badge have access to all these events just make sure to have your teams ready by the time you arrive! The early bird rate of $39 for SXSW Gaming 2019 is still available, please click here to register.
We will be covering the SXSW Gaming 2019 plus covering SXSW Interactive as press for the 6th year in a row. Please keep checking back on updates as SXSW 2019 approaches!