Today, DJI and SkyPixel announced the first short film contest inviting users to submit their cinematic creative stories shot with a camera and gimbal products. The 2019 SkyPixel Short Film Contest will accept entries from August 15, 2019 to October 14, 2019, welcoming submissions from all types of creators from hobbyists to social media users and professional videographers around the globe.
The contest consists of three storytelling categories: ‘Big Moments Start Small,’ ‘Make Your Move’ and ‘Adventure Starts With You.’ There is no restriction on the type or brand of equipments participants use, and they can submit as many videos as they wish.
A total of 100 winners can win a range of prizes totaling $48,600 USD in categories including Recommended Films, Best Editing, Best Story, Nominated Entries, People’s Choice Prize as well as This Week’s Most Popular, sponsored by the partner SanDisk and WD brand from Western Digital Corp. This year’s Best Short Video winners will each receive the new Ronin-SC Pro Combo, Osmo Action as well as WD 2TB My Passport Wireless SSD. Winning entries will also be showcased on the SkyPixel website as well as to DJI’s millions of fans and followers across its social media platforms.
The short film contest consists of three categories:
- Big Moments Start Small: Create a video showcasing the small, lightweight design of your camera device and your best cinematic scenes. Users are recommended to include at least 10 seconds of behind-the-scenes clips of their product such as DJI Osmo Pocket or other devices.
- Make Your Move: Create a video showcasing the stabilized footage from your device. Users are recommended to include at least 10 seconds of behind-the-scenes clips of their product such as DJI Osmo Series or other devices.
- Adventure Starts With You: Create a short, cinematic narrative film to showcase your creative skills and visual effects. Users are recommended to include at least 10 seconds of behind-the-scenes clips of their product such as DJI Ronin Series or other devices.
*Video submissions should not be longer than three minutes in length.
- Submission Start Date: August 15, 2019, 2:00 AM (EDT)
- Submission End Date: October 14, 2019, 2:00 AM (EDT)
- Award Announcement: October 31, 2019
Interested participants can visit the 2019 SkyPixel Short Film Contest website for more information on contest rules and guidelines located here: https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2019video?contest=2019video.
To celebrate the launch of the first SkyPixel Short Film Contest, DJI is offering discounted prices of $30 USD on Osmo Pocket & Expension Kit Combo and $50 USD on Osmo Action on DJI’s online store from August 15, 2019 02:00AM (EDT) to August 29, 2019 23:59PM (EDT).
Source: DJI, Skypixel