New York Fashion week has begun and I am excited about which fall trends are coming down the runway. If you’re in NYC, I have some links that will help you survive fashion week and for those not attending, there is also a link for live streaming show shows.* For those attending here is my survival guide.
- The worst thing to happen to those in press or media is when we run out of our smartphone battery. Instantly, you have a room of scavengers looking for a place to charge their phone and for the most part, they’re ruthless. Throughout the entire NYC Fashion Week there will be charging stations for cell phones by ChargeItSpot. The stations are located at the New York Fashion Week to Feature Phone Charging Stations by ChargeItSpot. They will be located both in the lobby area and backstage at the Skylight at Moynihan Station in the historic James A. Farley Post Office on West 33rd Street in Manhattan. Per ChargeItSpot this they added two additional charging stations sponsored by Bloomingdale’s will be set up at their outdoor pop-up lounge entitled “The Vanity Bar” located directly outside of Moynihan Station from September 10-14. The kiosks are complementary, completely secure and compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS) and BlackBerry.
- Everyone know’s it’s hard to get to one event to another during Fashion Week. Here is a calendar of shows throughout the week from New York Fashion Week Live, to access click here.
- I’m not sure they had this last year but The Glam App will have its own mobile beauty station running between Clarkson Square and Moynihan Station from Saturday through Monday, offering free hair and makeup touch-ups inspired by its most popular looks; manicures will be available, too. Follow the app on Instagram to find its exact location between 12pm and 5pm on those days.
- Another way to glam up is through Glamsquad that will have a fleet of coral-colored taxis (dubbed “GlamTaxis”) that’ll shuttle show-goers to Milk Studios, NYFW’s headquarters, and Spring Studios at 50 Varick Street for free — just approach the car and show the app on your phone for admittance (they can accommodate up to four passengers). During your ride, you’ll score makeup touch-ups and braid services from beauty experts. They’ll be running between 9am and 7pm starting on Friday and going through the 17th, and you can follow them on Twitter and Instagram for more location details.
- Never fear live stream is here! New York Fashion Week Live will have an ongoing live stream of Fashion Week and it’s already up and running so you will not miss a thing, to access click here.
- The official New York Fashion Week site is also live-streaming every show, beginning with Nicholas K at 9 a.m. and Rebecca Vallance at 9:30 a.m. You can watch that broadcast here.
- For those who won’t be near a computer, the New York Times reports a free New York Fashion Week mobile app is available to download. The app will show clips of certain shows, as well as behind-the-scenes footage.
As I find out more tools for both attendees and not attendees I will continue to post deals and apps that will help you through the busiest but most awesome event of the year!