Today, HP Inc. launched the new portfolio of OMEN by HP gaming products. The new OMEN gaming products announced were: OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop, OMEN by HP Accelerator, OMEN by HP Desktop, OMEN by HP Laptops, OMEN by HP Accessories, OMEN by HP Displays.
OMEN’s new line was re-designed and re-engineered from the ground up giving esports athletes and gamers alike the competitive edge needed to perform at the highest global level. The OMEN product line’s designs are aesthetically sexy with red accents and backlighting to give it a fierce look that every gamer needs. Each product has a unique style and different cutting-edge features between them all.
Lets’ take a deeper dive of each new OMEN product with their features and specs that were provided by the kind people at HP.
OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop Features and Specs
- Factory-overclocked NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 provides the horsepower needed for gaming at 4K resolutions3, or a flawless VR experience. The adaptable form factor enables an easy transition from the desk to the living room.
- Advanced thermal and electrical engineering provides additional headroom for at-home CPU overclocking8, optimized for higher wattage and voltage requirements.
- Available with Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU options4.
- OMEN Command Center reduces latency by giving gamers greater control over network traffic, and can support simultaneous data streams, so gaming traffic is routed over the Ethernet connection while background updates or downloads run on the Wi-Fi connection9.
- DTS Headphone:X® support for simulated surround sound when using headphones6, enhancing games and adding to a full 360-degree VR experience.
- Full docking capabilities allow gamers to simply drop the OMEN X into the included docking station and instantly connect to a range of their favorite gaming accessories.
- Hot-swappable batteries enable extended VR sessions without shutting down the PC. HP includes four batteries and a charging dock with the backpack accessory so users can charge two batteries while using the other two simultaneously.
- The strategic placement of fan exhaust and an angled mounting plate positions the top of the PC and vents away from users to help reduce heat transfer to the body.
- The backpack accessory includes shortened cables and hooks to hold the VR headset securely in place.
- The OMEN X Compact Desktop is available in July 2017 at HP.com, starting at $2,499 and the OMEN by HP backpack accessory starts at $599.99.
OMEN by HP Accelerator Features and Specs
- Available preconfigured with NVIDIA® or AMD Graphics card.
- Configurable with a 2.5” 1TB HDD or 256GB SSD10, or offered as an empty enclosure with a 500W power supply.
- Thunderbolt-certified to ensure compatibility across a range of HP PCs.
- The OMEN Accelerator can transform a Thunderbolt 3 enabled PC struggling to deliver fluid gameplay into a gaming powerhouse with fast and fluid framerates at high-resolutions.
- Single cable docking with 60W charge back to the PC, so you can connect power for your notebook and a range of gaming accessories.
- Easy-access door so you can change out graphics cards, hard drives, or SSD with minimal effort.
- Generous port selection including 4 USB 3.0 type A ports and 1 USB 3.1 type-C™ and RJ-45 for networking.
The OMEN Accelerator is available in August 2017 at HP.com starting at $299.99
OMEN by HP Desktop Features and Specs
- High-performance graphics up to dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti (SLI) or dual AMD Radeon™ RX 580 (Crossfire), for the graphics horsepower to run the most demanding games at maxed out settings and resolutions higher than 1080p2.
- 7th gen Intel® Core™ i5/i7 CPUs4with unlocked options for overclocking8, or overclockable AMD Ryzen™ CPUs for raw computing power to handle massive multiplayer games or serious multi-tasking.
- Thermal engineering with all-around edge vents and optional liquid cooling, for more efficient heat dissipation and additional thermal headroom for overclocking8.
- Optional PCIe SSD or SSD+HDD storage10 options for quick responsiveness, fast bootup, game loading, and application installation.
- OMEN Command Center with Overclocking8 to improve CPU performance on the fly, and Network Booster to move gaming network traffic to the front of the line and reduce latency in online games.
The OMEN Desktop is available on June 6 at HP.com, starting at $899.99
OMEN by HP 15” & 17” Laptops Features and Specs
- High-performance GPUs on the OMEN 15 up to AMD Radeon™ RX 550 or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with Max Q design for the graphics horsepower to run games at 1080p and beyond. The OMEN 17 can be configured with up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580 for the graphics horsepower to push games at 1440p and higher.
- 7th-gen Intel® Core™-i Quad Core CPUs for raw computing power to handle massive multiplayer games, serious multi-tasking or the latest esports titles that require heavy lifting by the CPU to hit 100+ FPS
- High-performance cooling on the OMEN laptops brings a multi-fan/multi-heat pipe/multi-exhaust thermal solution to keep things running cool and reduce the risk of throttling during heavy gaming sessions.
- Play with DTS Headphone:X® for 360 degree, immersive surround sound with any headset, or simply power up and use the integrated HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen. HP Audio Boost technology with a discrete amp brings improved volume.
- Dragon-red backlit keyboard optimized for gaming with red accented WASD keys and white backlight for easy identification, 26-key rollover anti-ghosting function and separated, full-size arrow keys to help reduce accidental key presses
- 4K display3 option for high-resolution content playback, or a 120Hz 1080p display option for fast refresh-rates11 with NVIDIA® G-Sync™ options or a 60Hz 1080p display option with AMD FreeSync™ on systems configured with a Radeon GPU7
- Easy upgradeability and accessibility with a single access panel to HDD, SSD, and RAM
- VR-certified configurations available for exceptional gaming in virtual reality
The OMEN 17” Laptop is available in on June 28 at HP.com, starting at $1,099.99 and at Best Buy. The OMEN 15” laptop is available on June 28 at HP.com, starting at $999.99 and at Best Buy.
- OMEN by HP is delivering greater accuracy with the OMEN Keyboard 1100’s mechanical keyboard switches and N-key Rollover for anti-ghosting.
- Optimized control in the OMEN Mouse 600 with customizable weight features and added durability with mechanical switches with up to 50 million clicks.
- Increased comfort and sound clarity with the OMEN Headset 800 with thicker ear cups and boosted the overall acoustic performance for clear high, low, and mid-tones, and a specifically tuned audio profile for clear speech6
The OMEN by HP Accessories are planned to be available on June 6 at HP.com starting at $79.99 for the OMEN Headset, $129.99 for the OMEN Keyboard, $59.99 for the OMEN Mouse and $29.99 and $39.99 for the different OMEN Mouse Pads
- Overclockable8 to enable a response time as low as 1ms11 to reduce lag and ghosting.
- 144Hz refresh rate11 is over twice as fast as a standard 60Hz panel for smoother gameplay.
- AMD FreeSync™ technology7 synchronizes the GPU to the display for an ultra-smooth, lag-free experience that eliminates stuttering and tearing.
- An integrated cable management clip on the stand allows gamers to keep everything managed cleanly behind the display and the headset hook means the headset isn’t in the way, but is close for when the next session begins.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports allow connection to various USB devices acting as a USB hub – keyboards, mice, and even special controllers such as steering wheels and joysticks.
- DisplayPort™ is the recommended connection for maximizing refresh rate with FreeSync™ technology7, but gamers can also utilize the HDMI port to attach a console, giving gamers the ability to leverage one display for multiple gaming platforms.
- QHD resolution1 with 70% more pixels than a FullHD panel, so gamers can crank up their resolution for more detailed visuals and immersive gameplay.
- Overclockable TN panel to enable a response time as low as 1ms11 to reduce lag and ghosting.
- 165Hz refresh rate11, nearly three times as fast as a traditional 60Hz panel.
- NVIDIA® G-Sync® technology which dynamically matches the refresh rate of the display to the frame rate output of the GPU, eliminating tearing, minimizing stutter and input lag.
- As with the OMEN 25, the OMEN 27 is equipped with an integrated cable management clip on the stand and a headset hook to keep the battle station clean and ready for the next opportunity to dominate the competition.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports ensure gamers can connect any peripheral needed while competing.
- The OMEN 17 Laptop is available in on June 28 at HP.com, starting at $1,099.99 and at Best Buy, see BestBuy.com for pricing.
The OMEN 25 Display is available on June 26 and the OMEN 27 Display is available on June 8 at HP.com starting at $279.99 and $799.99.
The OMEN product line has the best of both worlds; a sleek design with robust features and specs that make it stand out from the rest. Unfortunately you can’t pre-order the new OMEN product line yet and I’m not sure if you can currently. For more information about OMEN by HP product line click here.