CES 2019 was a big win for Dell with nine CES 2019 Innovation Honoree Awards. The wins were throughout its Alienware, Dell Precision, XPS, Latitude, Gaming and Displays portfolios. The accomplishments didn’t end there as Dell received two U.S.Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awards for its recycling and circular gold initiatives. Dell had a 2020 goal of recovering two billion pounds of used electronics and reached their goal. Dell now is on target to surpass the goal of repurposing 100 million pounds of recycled materials in Dell products by Earth Day in April 2019.
They continued their CES events with Randy Jackson discussing Dell cinema plus further discussions on the past, present and future of music and TV at #CES 2019:
- Latitude 7400 2-in-1-theworld’s smallest commercial 14” 2-in-1 targeting up to 24 hours of battery life-first to feature a PC proximity sensor enabled by Intel®Context Sensing Technology. It will also be the first Latitude to use Dell’s ocean bound plastics packaging.
- New perfected XPS 13 with innovative top-mounted HD webcam in the InfinityEdge display and frost color
- New Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 Black Edition debuts with first-of-its-kind full-size magnetic pen garage in the hinge to ensure it’s always at the ready
- Dell Cinema updated to offer ultra-vivid picture quality with Dolby Vision and 360 audio enhancements with Waves Maxx Audio NX for an immersive cinematic experience
- Next-generation Dell Mobile Connect, PC-Smartphone wireless integration, introduces instant drag and drop file transfer for Android and future VR integration capability.
Alienware Highlights at CES 2019 Include:
- Alienware unveils bold new “Legend” design to debut in new Alienware Area-51m, the first true desktop replacement
- Alienware introduces its thinnest and lightest 17-inch notebook the m17; m15 and m17 offer NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 20 Series GPUs
- Dell G5 and G7 gaming laptops redesigned to deliver enhanced performance in a sleek chassis with narrow borders
- Team Liquid to build second Alienware Training Facility, state-of-the-art esports facility powered by Alienware technology, in the Netherlands
- New PC hardware partnership with Riot Games and League of Legends Esports, ushering in a new generation of PCs that will enable League pros to compete at a higher level and also standardize operational logistics for their global operation.
I was able to visit the #DellExperience while at CES to view the products first hand. On display were the above products, the nine CES 2019 Innovation Honorees, from the Alienware, Dell Precision, XPS, Latitude, Gaming and Displays portfolios.
There were several Alienware and Dell system demos at the Dell Experience where CES attendees could get their hands on to test out. I also thought the Alienware wall with the PC breakdown was pretty cool, love knowing what’s inside my PC!
I also had a chance to learn about new technology that will enhance displays by reducing the visible blue light that comes from the future Dell and Alienware systems. Apparently the high visable blue light that comes from displays gets into our eyes causing all sorts of issues like digital eye strain after being in front of your screen for a long amount of time, for instance your work PC/ Display. This interview, below, at the #DellExperience gives you an in-depth understanding of this new technology Dell is working on.
I don’t think they have a rollout date of the new technology as of yet but I’m looking forward to checking it out once launched!
Availability for both Dell and Alienware new products including pricing for each brand are below.
- The new Dell XPS 13 will be available February, starting at $899.99 on Dell.com, Microsoft.com and in limited quantities in select Microsoft Store locations
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 will be available early March, starting at $1,599
- Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 will be available middle of this year
- Dell Cinema with enhanced features will be available on the new XPS 13 and select Inspiron laptops
- Dell Mobile Connect is available for free on all new consumer Windows 10XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Alienware and Dell G Series devices. It is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
- Alienware Area-51m with Legend design available Jan. 29th, 2019, starting at $2,549
- Alienware m15 available now, starting at $1,379.99
- Alienware m15 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 20 Series GPU available Jan. 29th, 2019, starting at $1,579.99
- Alienware m17 will be available Jan. 29th, starting at $1,649.99
- Dell G5 15 available Jan. 29th, 2019, starting at $999.99
- Dell G7 17 available Jan. 29th, 2019, starting at $1,380
- Dell G7 15available Jan. 29th, 2019,starting at $1,09
I had a blast visiting the #DellExperience while at CES and learning about their new innovative technology. I may be a tad bias as a former Dell employee many moons ago.
To learn more about the #DellExperience at CES 2019 or view their press releases please visit: https://blog.dell.com/en-us/dell-news-ces-2019/. For more information about Dell or shop their products please visit: www.dell.com. To shop Alienware please click here. For more information about CES please visit: https://www.ces.tech/.
Source: Dell, CES, Alienware