Sleep deprivation can affect different aspects of your life from not functioning 100% at your job or nodding off while operating machinery like a vehicle and those are just two variables. Per the American Sleep Association, the Sleep Deprivation Statistics for the United States show:
- 37% of 20-39 year-olds report short sleep duration
- 40% of 40-59 year-olds report short sleep duration
- 3% adults report <7 hours of sleep during a typical 24-hour period.
- 100,000 deaths occur each year in US hospitals due to medical errors and sleep deprivation have been shown to make a significant contribution.
It’s clear we need to improve our sleep habits. There are so many products out there that can help you sleep but some just do not work. A new product, the InstaDreamer bracelet, just launched their Kickstarter campaign and may be your new sleep solution.
The InstaDreamer bracelet is a comfortable medical grade silicon wristband that users wear day and night that will not disrupt their sleep. It’s made to be worn as you would wear your fitness tracker. It’s adjustable and doubles as a health and sleep tracker that measures a user’s pulse, body temperature and body movements throughout the night.
InstaDreamer doesn’t use distracting light or sound cues but instead InstaDreamer utilizes VibraSmart™ technology that is based off of Pavlovian conditioning. The band sends gentle vibrations to the wrist so you are reminded to check whether or not you’re dreaming throughout the day and night. Doing this creates a strong form of Pavlovian Conditioning which can be triggered while dreaming. While wearing the band it measures and sends the body’s vitals back to the InstaDreamer app.
How does the InstaDreamer work?
- Day mode: It vibrates during the day (you decide how often), reminding you to check if you’re dreaming (using Pavlovian Conditioning proven scientific theory)
- Night mode: It accurately detects your REM phases during the night, vibrating at the best moment of your dream (you decide how strongly) to instantly trigger a lucid dream by activating the conditioning!
Some great features of the InstaDreamer include:
- It is not connected during the night for sleep comfort
- You don’t need to have any Bluetooth/WiFi on
- It is a 100% standalone device (offline)
- Uploads the data to your phone as soon as it detects a network that your phone can access
- Your phone will automatically share the WiFi credentials with the bracelet.
InstaDreamer recently kicked off their Kickstarter campaign with a goal of $35,000 to bring it to fruition. If you pledge $199.00 you get one (1) InstaDreamer band for 20% off retail. To back their Kickstarter Campaign please click here. If you would more information on InstaDreamer please visit: https://producthype.co/InstaDreamer/.