This year five finalists will be selected at the Industry Leaders Summit that will highlight small business innovation in sport, to present at the 2019 Start-Up Challenge in Baltimore on September 25, 2019. The Start-Up Challenge has created opportunities for start-ups in the sports and fitness industry and this year will be no different. The 2019 Start-Up Challenge finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their business on stage, in front of the entire Industry Leaders Summit audience, as well as a judging panel comprised of major industry leaders and investors.
This year’s grand prize is provided by the SFIA 2019 Start-Up Challenge sponsor, Empirika Media Group Inc. and the winner will also receive one free year of SFIA membership and spotlights in future SFIA promotional material. All five finalists will receive complimentary registration for the Industry Leaders Summit. ALL APPLICATIONS DUE JULY 19TH and below is more information of the 2019 Start-Up Challenge.
Top 5 Finalists Receive:
- The opportunity to present on the big stage in front of the full Industry Leaders Summit audience & distinguished judges
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with C-level executives, industry experts, retailers, investors and other entrepreneurs in the sports and fitness arena
- Free registration to the SFIA Industry Leaders Summit (two-day event)
- Coverage from national media partners
Present your start-up to the entire Industry Leaders Summit crowd & judges from:
- Top Golf
- Under Amour
- KB Partners
- North Castle Partners
- BSN Sports
- Baird Global Investment Banking
- Competition is held on Day 1 of the SFIA Industry Leaders Summit
- Open to any start-up in the athletic, technology and retail sectors
- All applicants will be reviewed by the SFIA Board of Directors
- As a result of applying & entering the SFIA community, all applicants will have the opportunity to be connected to industry-leading accelerators, investors, brands and other potential mentors
- Requirements: Complete application must be submitted by July 19, 2019 here.
- $25,000 (~100 hours) worth of Empirika Media Group digital services, with the option to choose among four different digital branding categories to enhance your online presence and business image
- Spotlight feature in all 2020 SFIA Start-Up Challenge marketing, including a video opportunity for the 2020 Challenge and on-site media opportunities
- One year of free SFIA membership
For more information for the challenge please visit: https://www.sfiastartupchallenge.org/. To apply please visit: http://www.cvent.com/events/2019-sfia-industry-leaders-summit/custom-20-40578a04d1f0432b8ef7e32c568316b8.aspx. ALL APPLICATIONS DUE JULY 19, 2019.