South By Southwest (SXSW) Gaming 2019 is March 15th through the 17th in Austin, Texas at the Austin Convention Center located downtown. This year and just like last year Esports will be in the spotlight at SXSW Gaming 2019. SXSW recently announced a few updates for Gaming that include Featured Speakers, Gaming Pitch Competition, SXSW Gaming Awards and Gamer’s Voice Awards. The below are the most current updates for SXSW Gaming 2019.
Below are the first batch of Featured Speakers for SXSW Gaming 2019.
- Ann Hand (CEO of Super League Gaming)
- Nate Nanzer (Commissioner of the Overwatch League, returning to SXSW Gaming for a second year)
- Delane Parnell (CEO of PlayVS)
- Tobias Sherman (Founder and CEO of FOUNDRY IV)
These Featured Speakers highlight the growth of the esports into all areas of gamers’ lives. The first batch of SXSW Gaming Featured Speakers showcase the broad reach of esports in the present and how much further the gaming industry will continue to grow in the near future. For more information about the latest Featured Speakers for SXSW 2019 please visit: https://gaming.sxsw.com/news/2018/sxsw-gaming-2019-featured-speakers-annoucement/.
The SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition returns to SXSW Gaming 2019 Taking place March 15–16, and is now open for entries from all independent game developers seeking to shine in the spotlight at SXSW. The SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition is open for all applications from until Friday, December 7. Applicants have the opportunity to enter games at any stage of development for consideration. The SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition consist of two rounds and coaching opportunities. Below are the details of the competition.
- Round 1:Contestants in the Gaming Pitch Competition will participate in a private round of pitches given to a panel of judges comprised of publishers, veteran developers, and industry investors.
- Round 2:Four finalists for the Gaming Pitch Competition will participate in a final round of pitches which involves a new set of judges on the Discovery Stage. The winner, as determined by the judges, will be crowned with the title “SXSW Gaming Best Pitch” and rewarded at the end of the second round.
- Coaching:All accepted contestants will be paired up with a coach to help refine pitch structure and execution across both rounds of the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition.
All applicants will be notified of their status for the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition in January. To apply for the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition please visit: https://gaming.sxsw.com/awards/pitch-competition/.
The sixth annual SXSW Gaming Awards are open for all entries across its 25 categories from Monday, June 25 – Friday, December 7. The Gaming Awards will happening during the SXSW Gaming Festival on March 15th through the 17th. This year the Gaming Awards will feature returning staples such as the Video, Mobile, Tabletop, and Virtual Reality Game of the Year categories, Most Promising Esports Game and Most Evolved Game.
Interested applicants can enter any or all of the Gaming Awards categories. All indie teams and titles are also encouraged to apply for the Gamer’s Voice Awards in addition to, or in place of, the primary Gaming Awards categories. All nominees will be eligible to receive up to two (2) SXSW Platinum Badges to attend both SXSW 2019 and SXSW Gaming 2019. For details and more info about the SXSW Gaming Awards categories, judging process, and entertainment, please visit the SXSW Gaming Awards page.
The Gamer’s Voice Awards are dedicated exclusively to independent game developers and studios to reward and showcase the best yet-to-be-discovered games throughout the gaming industry. For 2019, the Gamer’s Voice Awards will accept games across multiple platforms for its Gamer’s Voice: Video Game, Tabletop Game, Mobile Game, and VR Game categories.
In addition to being selected for these prestigious awards, nominees will receive a complimentary 10’×10’ booth on the Gaming Expo floor with which to exhibit their game. All nominated games participate in a public vote during the three days of SXSW Gaming where attendees will determine the winner of each Gamer’s Voice Award.
For more information on SXSW Gaming 2019 or to purchase tickets please click here.