New SXSW 2020 Music Additions include:
- New Zealand dream-pop outfit Yumi Zouma
- Shreveport’s soul quintet Seratones
- Se So Neon solo act So!YoON!
- LA-based Cumbia collective Cumbiatón
- Experimental modern composer and 2019 Grammy Nominee Sebastian Plano
- Austin-based R&B artist and producer Jay Wile
- Sydney’s new kids on the block The Lazy Eyes
- Brooklyn-based skate punk turned afro funk whiz Sinkane
- Italian psychedelic pop group Dumbo Gets Mad
- Milk! Records’ Avant / Experimental artist Evelyn Ida Morris
- English born, Scottish raised singer-songwriter James Gillespie
New SXSW Music Tracks Include:
This year’s Music Tracks are Creating & Monetizing Music and Future of Music. Read on to familiarize yourself with the types of conversations you can expect to hear this March within each track. Learn more about the Music Tracks below.
Creating & Monetizing Music: March 18-21
The landscape for musicians has undergone seismic shifts as the traditional industry base has changed over the last two decades. How can musicians and publishers navigate, survive, and thrive in this dynamic space? The Creating & Monetizing Music Track will educate, inform, and equip everyone from artists to executives with the skills and tools they need to develop new opportunities.
Check out sessions included in the track such as How the Rise of Short Form Content Impacts Music, Trigger Cities: Creating Hits with a Global Mind, Breaking Down Barriers to Musical Talent, and more. LEARN MORE
Future of Music: March 16-21
Emerging technologies and cultural trends are transforming the music industry more rapidly than ever before. The Future of Music Track examines these issues by exploring all aspects of the industry, from rights management and immersive live performances to experiential marketing campaigns and more.
To learn more about the SXSW Music Festival please visit: https://www.sxsw.com/festivals/music/.
Source: SXSW, Yumi Zouma – Photo by Aaron Lee