This is our newest update of the South By Southwest (SXSW) 2019 Interactive, Music and Film Festival in Austin, Texas from March 8th through March 17th. Registration and Housing have been open for the SXSW 2019 festival for a while now and it’s smart to purchase tickets now before they go up in price. Below are the latest updates and deadlines for the SXSW 2019 Festival in Austin, Texas.
SXSW 2019 Film News
- SXSW Film Team has start screening again for the 2019 SXSW Film Festival and they hope to share the 2019 lineup with you so mark your calendars for September 10 for the first announcement of Keynotes and Featured Speakers for March 2019.
- A Film Badge gets you primary access to all SXSW Film events including Film Keynotes and Featured Sessions, world premieres, roundtables, workshops, parties, and more. Over the course of nine days the SXSW Film Festival hosts over 450 screenings! Film registrants also have primary access to Convergence events including the Comedy Festival and nine unique conference tracks, as well as secondary access to most Interactive and Music events. Buy your badges now before prices go up on September 13.
- Check out their one-stop shop for submitting your film, episodic, VR/AR/MR project, and more to SXSW. Learn everything you need to know from premiere status to eligibility here.
- Premiere your film in front of press, film industry leaders, and film lovers as well as tech and music professionals at the 2019 SXSW Film Festival. Screening sections include Feature Film, Short Film, Episodic, Music Video, Virtual Cinema, Texas High School Short, and Title Sequence. Learn More ». Final Deadline: October 18, 2018 at 11:59pm PT/ Texas High School Shorts / Title Sequences. The final deadline is December 13th.
SXSW 2019 Interactive News
- Interactive Innovation Awards – March 9-11, 2019
The Finalist Showcase is on Saturday, March 9, followed by the Interactive Innovation Awards ceremony on Monday, March 11. The Final Deadline is on October 4th and the application fee is $150.00. To apply please visit: https://cart.sxsw.com/products/webapp?_ga=2.161784828.1748452370.1536286124-765302468.1484679389.
- Pitch your innovative startup at the eleventh annual SXSW Pitch (formally SXSW Accelerator) in front of a live audience and panel of expert judges. Learn More ». The Early Deadline is October 4, 2018 at 11:59pm PT and Final Deadline is November 15, 2018. The application fee is $100.00 and you can apply here: https://cart.sxsw.com/products/acceleratorapp?_ga=2.259975114.1748452370.1536286124-765302468.1484679389.
- The SXSW Art Program showcases experiential and visual artworks that apply emerging technologies and immersive environments to spark discovery, inspiration, and connection. Official selections of the SXSW Art Program are chosen on the basis of their ability to enhance the landscape of the SXSW and bring inspiration, joy, and discovery to attendees. All visual artists are eligible to enter their artwork to SXSW. Learn More ». Final Deadline: October 4, 2018 at 11:59pm PT
SXSW 2019 Music News
- Showcasing Artist Applications: Apply for the opportunity to perform at the 2019 SXSW Music Festival, March 11-17, and gain unparalleled access to an audience of industry professionals, international media, and new fans. Showcasing at SXSW involves performing in one of the many venues located in downtown Austin for thousands of fans, reps, media, and musicians from all over the world. Learn More ». The early deadline is September 13, 2018, at 11:59 pm PT and Final Deadline is October 25, 2018. The application fee is $35.00 and you can apply here: https://cart.sxsw.com/products/bandapp?_ga=2.162376700.1748452370.1536286124-765302468.1484679389.
As your local SXSW events informant and on ground zero for the festival I will continue to post updates for SXSW 2019 as soon as I receive them. For more information about SXSW 2019 click here. See you all at SXSW 2019!!