Today is the last day to get the discount rate for all SXSW badges. After today the price will go up $300 for the walk up rate and there is less than 16 hours left to Register for SXSW at the discount rate. To Register for SXSW for SXSW 2018 click here.
SXSW 2018 Music Festival Updates:
This week’s SXSW announcements include the second wave of 160+ Showcasing Artists for the SXSW Music Festival including Grammy-nominated Roc Nation artist Rapsody, Polyvinyl act Hazel English, and Australia’s motown-revivalists The Teskey Brothers, party-rocker Andrew W.K. and many more.
SXSW 2018 Gaming:
The Gaming Pitch Competition (“SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition”) showcases new games to a panel of Judges and Emcees who are industry experts, high profile media personnel, and experienced investors. Below are the eligibility rules for the SXSW 2018 Gaming Pitch Competition:
- A game must have launched no earlier than January 1, 2017
- A game must not be launched after December 31, 2018
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one game to the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition
- Founders of the applying studio or startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.A game must fall within one of the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition categories
There is a $25 application fee and you can register here: https://cart.sxsw.com/acceleratorapps/26943/edit?lookup_id=gaming_pitch_app26943. December 8, 2017 11:59pm PST is the last day to apply for the competition. Winners will be announced at the SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition Closing Ceremony on March 16, 2018
Deadline for SXSW Gaming Awards applications is Friday, December 8. There are 20 Gaming Awards categories that celebrate and recognize the best within the gaming world. For details and more info about the SXSW Gaming Awards categories, judging process, and entertainment, please visit the SXSW Gaming Awards page here. The application fee is $50 and you can register here: https://cart.sxsw.com/release_apps/13442/edit?lookup_id=gaming_app13442.
The SXSW community drives so much SXSW Conference content. About 80% of the sessions at the event come from ideas entered on the SXSW PanelPicker. SXSW community is also involved in providing the top talent that they showcase in their many competitions, including the SXSW Accelerator® Pitch Event and the Interactive Innovation Awards. Finalists for both these competitions will be announced in January 2018.
More SXSW 2018 News and Deadlines:
- Don’t forget to book your lodging via SXSW Housing and Travel
- Keynote Speakers for SXSW 2018 include Barry Jenkins and Sadiq Khan
- Featured Speakers for SXSW 2018 include Christiane Amanpour and Cleo Wade
- Use the online schedule to browse all the cool content for SXSW 2018
- If you are launching your product / service / app in March, get involved with SXSW Release It
- Be a part of innovation in action out at the 2018 SXSW Hackathon
- Exhibition opportunities still available at the SXSW Trade Show