SXSW 2018 Registration, Deadlines for Submissions and Updates:
- SXSW 2018 badge prices increase on Friday, October 20th; the badge price will increase after midnight. To purchase a badge click here.
- There’s still time to submit a Showcase Application before the final deadline on October 20th.
- Final deadline for film submissions is on Friday, October 20th.
- The SXSW 2018 schedule is now live, click here to view the newly posted schedule.
- SXSW Conference announced programming with over 700 sessions.
Today SXSW EDU announced more than 220 sessions that have been selected via PanelPicker for the 2018 SXSW EDU Conference & Festival. To give you a little background on SXSW EDU each year they look to the community to help program the Conference & Festival. This summer over 1,400 session ideas were submitted. Voting and evaluation took place in three parts: community, SXSW EDU Advisory Board and SXSW EDU staff review. As a result more than 220 sessions and over 500 speakers today for SXSW EDU.
Below are more highlights from today’s announcement provided by SXSW EDU:
- Newly announced speakers include Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, U.S. Representative Scott Peters, National Teacher of the Year Sydney Chaffee, Black Girls CODE Founder Kimberly Bryant and more!
- Citizen-Ready and Crime-Free: The PreK Advantage was the most popular session in PanelPicker.
- How Data & Automation Humanize Student Experience received the highest number of public votes.
- Equity is the most robust programming track on the program thus far.
- Popular topics in this announcement include design, development, leadership, EdTech, innovation, access and skills.
- The highest scored sessions by the SXSW EDU Advisory Board are Beating Those ‘Mon. Morning Social Media Blues’, Personalizing the Online Experience, Equity Innovations for Low-Skill Adults and Teach For Equity: Building Communities of Practice.