Sleep is something, especially as you get older, to be mindful of. Lack of sleep can result in various bad side effects that will affect your everyday life. Currently, between 50 to 70 million US adults have a sleep disorder per American Sleep Association. The American Sleep Association’s statistics for sleep disorder in the United States show:
- 48.0% report snoring
- 37.9% reported unintentionally falling asleep during the day at least once in the preceding month.
- 4.7% reported nodding off or falling asleep while driving at least once in the preceding month.
- Drowsy driving is responsible for 1,550 fatalities and 40,000 nonfatal injuries annually in the United States.
- Insomnia is the most common specific sleep disorder, with short term issues reported by about 30% of adults and chronic insomnia by 10%
- 25 Million U.S. adults have obstructive sleep apnea
- 9-21% of women have obstructive sleep apnea
- 24-31% of men have obstructive sleep apnea
- 3–5% of the overall proportion of obesity in adults could be attributable to short sleep
Clearly, as a nation, we need to work on our sleep habits and how to overcome sleep deprivation to have a fruitful life. That said the next question is “What can help me get a good night’s sleep?” At CES 2018 the first SleepTech Marketplace was launched. The SleepTech Marketplace smart products included: sleep trackers, silent alarms, bedroom lighting, white noise, smart pillows and smart beds.
Nowadays there are several smart sleep technology options but how to you chose from one or another? A site called 16best.net has a cognitive infographic named “Sleep Well With Technology” that may help you with your sleep patterns and deprivation. Per 16best.net there are a few facts to consider when buying sleep technology:
- If you need help for both falling asleep and waking up, light reduction and increase play the roles of lullabies and alarms.
- If you have problems with snoring, zQuiet can make that go away. Customers can get a price reduction by using one of many zQuiet promo codes and deals.
To help you find what is the best option for your sleeping needs 16best.net created a list of different methods and the top products to consider. Below are 16best.net’s picks that may help you FINALLY sleep well.
For more information about these smart thermometers please visit: https://health.nokia.com/eu/en/thermo, https://www.kinsahealth.com/, and https://meater.com/.For more information about these smart lights please visit: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-li/hue, https://www.lumie.com/, and https://www.lumosusa.com/.
For more information about these low blue smart light options please visit: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-li/hue and https://www.swanwicksleep.com/.For more information about these products please visit: https://marpac.com/, https://www.homedics.com/sound-machines.html, and https://www.soundoasis.com/product-category/glo-to-sleep-sleep-therapy-masks/.
For more information about the Amazon Kindle E-reader please visit: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Ereader-Family/b?ie=UTF8&node=6669702011.
For more information about these products please visit: https://www.puraz.com/, https://www.amazon.com/Zeo-Model-ZEOBP01-Personal-Sleep-Manager/dp/B002IY65V4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526941711&sr=8-1&keywords=zeo+sleep+manager&dpID=41dhRsLOn9L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch, and https://www.sleeptracker.com/.
For more information about these products please visit: https://www.fitbit.com/home, https://www.polar.com/us-en/content/polar_sleep_plus, and http://splus.resmed.com/.
For more information about these products please visit: https://www.sleepsmartpillows.com/, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/276774983/moona-smart-pillow-temperature-regulation-to-impro, and https://rem-fit.com/zeeq.For more information about these smart PJ’s please visit: http://www.smartpjs.com.
For more information about these products please visit: www.oittm.com/smart-home-devices.
For more information about these products please visit: www.oittm.com/smart-home-devices, https://www.conair.com/c/25d42h54/soothing-sounds-sound-machine/46c, and www.sangean.com/first/first.asp.
For more information about this product please visit: https://meetsomnox.com/.
We hope in the near future to review some of these smart sleep options for a product review, stay tuned. For the full 16best.net Sleep Well With Technology article please visit: https://www.16best.net/blog/sleep-well-with-technology.