Today, SkyPixel and DJI announced their Aerial Photo and Video contest that is open for any aerial content shot by drones. This is perfect time to bust out your drone and take some great shots during the holiday/winter season. The contest started today and will run till February 18th, 2019.
Below are their official rules and deadlines per their press release and site.
The 2018 SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contest consists of two storytelling formats, one in photography and the other in video form. There is no restriction on the type or brand of aerial equipment, and participants can submit as many photos or videos as they wish.
The video contest consists of five categories:
- Nature: Capture footage of natural scenery, wildlife and landscapes
- City: Showcase the beauty of urban landscapes and man-made architecture
- Sport: Capture moments in movement and the power and energy of humans doing sports
- Travel: Share a story about humanity, culture, or your unforgettable adventure (people should be included in these videos).
- Creative: With your aerial techniques or intelligent features on your drone, curate a visual story to showcase your creative skills and extraordinary visual effects
Video submissions should not be longer than five minutes and must feature at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.
The photo contest consists of four categories:
- Nature: Capture a moment in time and reveal the true beauty of nature
- Architecture: Discover amazing structures from a new perspective
- Fun: Experience the world from unique angle while capturing moments of fun
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement of an athlete pursuing their dreams
No matter what categories participants decide to enter, they should always fly with caution, observe their flight environment and follow local regulations at all times.
From these nine categories, SkyPixel and DJI will give away 49 awards, including two Grand Prizes, and nine first, second and third prizes in each category. There will also be 10 Nominated Entries that are selected by a panel of judges and 10 by popular vote, measured by which submissions get the most likes during the contest period. Contest awards include the Hasselblad X1D-50c camera, DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo Pocket and other products worth a total of approximately $120,000 USD.
The judging panel is composed of award-winning directors, photographers and influencers, including Toby Strong, a documentary photographer who has won many Emmy and BAFTA awards, and Ben Nott, one of Australia’s most prestigious directors of photography and an ACS member.
- Submission Start Date: December 18, 2018, 1:00 AM, EST
- Submission End Date: February 18, 2019, 1:00 AM, EST
- Award Announcement: March 20, 2019
To submit your video or pictures please visit the 2018 SkyPixel Photo & Video Contest website for more information on contest rules and guidelines. Good Luck to all those that enter the contest!