Today, DJI announced an aerial photography contest in partnership with National Geographic. The contest runs on the popular photo-sharing platform Instagram from September 5 to October 31, opened to residents of the United States and Canada.
The aerial contest welcomes amateur and professional photographers as well as first-time drone users. Interested participants can upload their best aerial images shot to their Instagram account and hashtag their entry with #MyMavicContest and #NatGeoTravel.
Details of the Aerial Photography Contest (available for residents in United State and Canada)
How to Enter:
- Go out and rent the Mavic Pro drone for FREE. Or, if you own the Mavic Pro already, you’re go to go.
- Upload your best images shot with the DJI Mavic Pro to your Instagram account the hashtags #MyMavicContest and #NatGeoTravel.
- Prize: 5 winners will be chosen by a National Geographic Photo Editor and each will receive a free DJI Mavic Pro drone. Winners will be announced in November.
- Contest Duration: September 5, 2017, 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time to October 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Award Announcement Date: November 13, 2017
- For more information about the photo contest, visit: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/mymaviccontest/
DJI also announced details of a drone rental program, which is opened to everyone around the world. Starting from September 5 through October 31, users can sign up online for the chance to participate in the rental program.
Applicants will have the opportunity to keep the DJI Mavic Pro for two weeks, taking it wherever they go or whenever inspiration strikes to create their next aerial masterpiece.
Details of the DJI Drone Rental Program (available worldwide)
- Sign up online to become a candidate of the drone rental program. Below is what the rental form looks like. Submitting the form is a must to rent DJI’s Mavic Pro.
- Campaign Duration: September 5, 2017 to October 31, 2017
- For more details, visit http://events.dji.com/mavicfreerental.
If you would like to check out the Mavic Pro on DJI’s site click here. Good Luck to all those applying for the contest!