DALLAS, May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Parks Associates announced new numbers today showing adoption of smart speakers with personal assistants, including Amazon Echo, Dot, or Tap, or Google Home, is 10-11% of U.S. broadband households. The IoT research firm also estimates that in 2020, annual sales in this product category will exceed 50 million units. Parks Associates will examine voice control as part of the smart home and consumer-based IoT at CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference on May 23-25 in San Francisco.
“Consumer interest in voice-based technologies has surged across many areas of connected living as a preferred consumer interface,” said Dina Abdelrazik, Research Analyst, Parks Associates. “Products from household names including Amazon, Google, and Apple have moved voice control into the consumer consciousness, and now Samsung is entering this field with Bixby, a voice-activated virtual assistant soon to be available on the Galaxy S8 smartphone. Voice is now vying to be the default method for consumer interaction with all connected products.”
Abdelrazik will moderate the CONNECTIONS™ session “Voice Control: Improving the User Experience” on May 25 at 10:45 a.m., where the following speakers will examine the role of voice in creating new and improved consumer experiences:
- Benjamin Brown, Senior Product Manager, Google Home Lead for Apps & Connectivity, Google
- Ed Doran, Ph.D., Principle Program Management, Microsoft, and Co-founder of Microsoft’s personal assistant Cortana
- Rich Kennewick, President, Voicebox Technologies
- Dan Quigley, Sr. Manager, Single Threaded Owner Alexa Whole Home, Amazon
- Adam Thibault, Sr. Director, Business Strategy and Development, Nuance Communications
More than 700 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries will attend CONNECTIONS™. The conference features the following keynote speakers:
- Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
- Kristine Faulkner, SVP/GM, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
- Miles Kingston, GM of Smart Home, Intel
- Rahul Patel, SVP and GM, Connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Sridhar Solur, SVP, Product & Development for Xfinity Home, Internet of Things and Data Services, Comcast
To register for the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™ Conference or a pre-show workshop, visit http://bit.ly/CONNUSregistration. Press passes are available at www.parksassociates.com/cus-press. To schedule an interview with an analyst or request specific research, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com, 720.987.6614.
Parks Associates’ 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 23-25 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ is the premier connected home event hosting over 700 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.