As we kick off summer the endless dilemma is always lack of storage since we are in an age of smartphones taking selfies and videos constantly. I encounter this on the regular since I love taking videos and “live” photos. I had to face up to the reality and find a better solution to extend my storage.
It’s hard to decide which flash key or stick that will fit your personal needs. If you have an iPhone I found the market has more lightening cord wired flash drives than you think. What about the Andriod lover? The three below flash drives are indeed compatible for Android including apps for both. I reviewed the below 3 flash drives and here are my findings.
There is no WiFi needed! What?! No WiFi needed at all to use this product? Per Picture Keeper, Mobile backup solutions in the cloud have a serious limitation and they only work if you have an internet connection. Picture Keeper Connect files are not stored online, you maintain total control of your photos and videos. It also allows users to share photos and videos with family and friends without using a data plan.
Picture Keeper lets users:
- Access to connect anywhere
- Easily transfer files to new devices
- Free up storage space on mobile devices
- Keeps your files and photos in one secure place
- iOS, Android™, Windows® & Mac® compatible
- Comes in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB
- Retails starting at $119.00 and be bought on their site
The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive is a great storage device for iPhone or iPad users that need some extra storage or just a way to backup photos and videos without using the cloud. The drive has both a flexible Lightning connector that works with most cases and a USB 3.0 connector to plug into your Mac computer or PC.
The iXpand Flash Drive features and specs include:
- Automatic Photo Backup
- Encryption software that lets you password-protect files
- Comes in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB storage capacity
- USB 3.0 High-speed Transfers
- Supports popular video formats (.WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
- The app makes it easy to manage photos and videos
- Helps free up space on your iPhone or iPad
- Retails starting at $49.00 and can be bought at Best Buy
SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Stick. SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick lets you stream video or music to as many as three other devices at the same time, or gives you access to all your media. Since the SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Stick can share content with multiple devices at once it’s easy to connect and share with friends mobile devise and stream music or videos to three smartphones, tablets or computers as long as they’re somewhere in the vicinity.
The SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Stick allows users to wirelessly:
- Access media or transfer large files
- Stream HD videos and music
- Save and share photos and videos to and from your mobile device
- iOS and Android compatible using the Connect Drive App
- Storage sizes including: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 200GB or 256GB to choose from.
- Retails starting at $29.99 and you can purchase them at Best Buy.
After testing all three drives the flash drive that works for me personally was the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive. Its ease of use for my iPhone made storing media easier and quicker.
For more information about SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Stick or their other products click here. If you are interested in more information about the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive or would like to purchase the SanDisk click here. To check out the Picture Keeper Connect or purchase it click here.
Source: Sandisk, Picture Keeper, Best Buy, Forbes