As the country slowly begins to re-open back up, travelers now need to abide by new restrictions and safety precautions at airports across the nation. Pilota has launched a new product, FlySafe, to keep air travelers safe as they book their flights and begin flying again. FlySafe, is a free browser extension that shows travelers which safety precautions are being taken on each flight as they shop for travel. The product overlays the information directly on the online booking engines similar to Google Flights.
When searching for flights you will notice, FlySafe discreetly overlays these precautions on its flight search results, allowing you to quickly see what precautions each airline is taking to keep them safe from COVID-19.
It also provides personalized ratings for each flight, which are generated based on the safety precautions that the user has selected. To make the process of comparing and considering flights easier, it even allows users to save the flights they are interested in, compare them across websites, get flight status, price changes, and much more all in one place.
FlySafe provides the following information for each flight:
- Mask Requirement: Many flights are requiring all crew and passengers to wear a mask prior to boarding the flight. The product will let travelers know if the flight they are viewing will require all crew and passengers to be wearing a mask.
- Seat Blocking: Some flights are blocking middle seats or a certain number of seats to increase the distance between passengers. The product will let travelers know if this measure will be implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Capacity Capping: Many airlines are capping the capacity of their flights to avoid overcrowding on the plane. The product let’s traveler’s know if the flight they are viewing is going to be capping their maximum capacity below normal levels.
- Air Filtration: HEPA filters have been making the headlines recently as one of the precautions already implemented in planes to keep the air that travelers are breathing safe. The product lets travelers know if the flight’s aircraft is equipped with surgical grade HEPA air filters.
- Provided PPE: Some flights will be handing out masks or protective equipment to passengers prior to boarding the aircraft. The product will let travelers know whether to expect PPE to be provided for them on the flight they are viewing or if they should plan to bring their own.
- Boarding Sanitization Measures: Many new sanitization measures have been created to reduce the number of touchpoints and interactions between passengers and the gate staff. The product will let travelers know if these new measures will be implemented during boarding of the flight they are viewing.
- Social Distancing: Some flights are implementing social distancing measures during check in and boarding. The product will let travelers know if these measures will be implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Cabin Sanitization: Many airlines have increased their cabin sanitization measures on their flights. The product will let travelers know if the flight they are viewing will be sanitized according to the new measures.
- Food Hygiene: For flights providing food and beverage service, many have implemented new measures to reduce touch points during food preparation and distribution. The product will let travelers know if these new measures are being implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Flexible Policies: With the uncertainty prevalent right now, many passengers want to know if there are any flexible policies available before they book their ticket, such as waived change fees or options for refunds. The product will let travelers know if there are any flexible policies available on the flight they are viewing.
FlySafe is available to try on it’s site here: https://www.flypilota.com/ and free to download via Google Chrome here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/flysafe-the-best-way-to-c/nkjmhdilijplkmekhhaoeaombaaakgcl.
Source: FlySafe, Google Chrome