Announced during New York Fashion Week (NYFW), Pantone LLC, the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, released the Pantone® Fashion Color Trend Report Autumn/Winter 2020/2021 edition. This season’s report by Pantone features the top ten standout colors, as well as current takes on the four classic neutrals we can expect to see on the runway as fashion designers introduce their new autumn/winter collections.
According to Pantone Color Institute experts, colors for Autumn/Winter 2020/2021 New York reflect our interest in desirable seasonal classics imbued with personality – colors whose timelessness and versatility convey a level of functionality, and at the same time lend themselves to unique color statements that stand out. These colors encourage creativity as well as pragmatism, reflecting the changing mindset of today’s consumer, who prioritizes value and longevity over color choices that are here today and gone tomorrow.
- PANTONE 16-1350 Amberglow: A radiant autumnal orange, Amberglow promotes self-confidence and creative self-expression.
- PANTONE 19-1662 Samba: A voluptuous sultry red, Samba introduces an upbeat energy.
- PANTONE 16-1328 Sandstone: Tied to nature, earthy Sandstone speaks of the rustic outdoors.
- PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue: A boundless blue hue, Classic Blue is evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky opening us up to a world of possibilities.
- PANTONE 13-0648 Green Sheen: Optimistically rebellious, Green Sheen is a bold acidic yellow-green shade that will always stand out.
- PANTONE 16-1511 Rose Tan: A gentle dusky pink, Rose Tan imparts a sense of composure.
- PANTONE 18-5338 Ultramarine Green: Ultramarine Green, a deep cooling blue-green, exudes self-assurance and poise.
- PANTONE 19-1337 Fired Brick: Strong and sturdy, Fired Brick adds gravitas.
- PANTONE 14-1220 Peach Nougat: Nurturing Peach Nougat embraces with its inviting warmth.
- PANTONE 19-2428 Magenta Purple: A hypnotic purple shade, Magenta Purple intrigues and mesmerizes.
- PANTONE 12-0713 Almond Oil: Tasteful Almond Oil is a smooth and subtle off-white shade.
- PANTONE 19-3940 Blue Depths: Blue Depths implies an air of mystery and the unknown.
- PANTONE 16-3916 Sleet: Highlighting our desire for longevity, Sleet is a timeless gray
- that is dependable, solid and everlasting.
- PANTONE 19-0622 Military Olive: Military Olive is a strong and stalwart foundational green tone.
Pantone also announced that their partner Artechouse will open its 2020 NYC season with Submerge, an immersive exploration featuring Pantone’s Color of the Year (and NYFW Fashion Color Trend report selection), Classic Blue throughout NYFW.
Pantone has also partnered with Adobe Stock to curate a collection of images that reflect the palette of 10 top fashion colors as well as 4 core shades. With millions of visual assets, Adobe Stock is an amazing resource for creatives to seek visual inspiration and creative development.
To learn more about Pantone’s NYFW Color Trend Report please visit: https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/fashion-color-trend-report/new-york-autumn-winter-2020-2021.
Source: Pantone, NYFW