Announced this week, cultural organizers from across the US have come together to organize a special two-night online concert intended to prompt GET OUT THE VOTE activities in advance of the November presidential elections. The two-day cultural event on Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18 will feature the range of stylistic expressions and voices nurtured on soil from coast to coast from folk songs and indigenous traditions to special creative verses inspired by the moment.
The concert will feature musicians and prominent social justice and grassroots community activists from the diverse regions in the US – making this an unprecedented salute to the variety of local cultures and people’s issues that have been at the core of the progressive principles of the nation.
From Anchorage to Arcadia and from St. Augustine to Baja, voices calling for change will sing out! The roster of talent amassed for this historic event signifies the concert as one of music history’s most memorable gatherings.
The producers have aligned with varoius NGOs who are maximizing GOTV efforts. This is a non-commercial, educational and cultural event offered for free, to ensure that people go to the polls!
Artists Confirmed Include:
Hosts Medea Benjamin, Chelis Lopez, Davey D., Gabe Romero and Shoshonna Stern
- Arizona Linda Ronstadt, LA Orkesta
- California Danny Glover, Los Lobos, Raq Filipina, Meklit Hedero, and Fantastic Negrito
- Colorado Trace Bundy
- Delaware Tahira
- Florida Morikeba Kouyate, John Daversa Quintet with Sammy Figueroa, Dafnis Prieto, Carlos De Rosa, and Gonzalo Rubalcaba
- Hawaii George Kahumoku
- Iowa Greg Brown with Bo Ramsey
- Illinois Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, Bea Lumpkin, Funkadesi, Isaiah Collier and the Chosen Few Kansas Stan Herd with Jessica Paige
- Ohio Jenna Fournier
- Louisiana Dirk Powell
- Maine Dennis Carter and Anneli Carter-Sundqvist
- Massachusetts Twisted Pine
- Michigan Regina Carter, Thornetta Davis and Congressman Dan Kildee
- Minnesota Douglas Ewart
- Missouri Making Movies
- Nevada John Toles-Bey
- New Jersey Jason Kao Hwang
- New Mexico Rob Martinez, Ivon Ulibarri/Cafe Mocha
- New York Amy Goodman, Arturo O’Farrill, Eleanor Reissa & Frank London and the Klezmer Brass All Stars
- Pennsylvania Aisha Fukashima
- Puerto Rico Plena Libre
- Rhode Island Allysen Callery
- South Carolina Ranky Tanky
- Texas Clemente Castillo, Beto O’Rourke
- Washington Paoli Mejias
- Wisconsin Paul Cebar
- Wyoming The Taylor Scott Band
Updates for the evolving list of artists and speakers can be found on the event website: 50to50concert.com.
Stay up to date as more artists are confirmed and new event announcements are made on Twitch.tv/5050gotv (and on additional platforms like Facebook and YouTube).
Tickets are free and can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/50-50-all-souls-to-the-polls-tickets-122179370787?utm_campaign=eoy&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Ocober+events+1. To learn more about Fifty-Fifty 2020 please visit: https://www.50-502020.com/.
Source: https://www.50-502020.com/, Eventbrite