In the United States, the last couple months have been plagued with scandals in the government and the workplace. There have been so many strong women stepping out and saying “me too” involving abuse or harassment. These brave women pave the way for our youth to be strong and stick up for themselves because we are ALL created equal.
If you look at 2017 year in rewind for women this is what was accomplished:
- Conversation surrounding International Women’s Day was #1 on Facebook in 2017, doubling from 2016 and topping the Super Bowl at #2.
- More than 165 million people generated over 430 million interactions and discussion from around the world making it a big year for discussions by and about women.
- Merriam-Webster online dictionary announced “feminism” as the most looked up word in 2017.
- Pantone announced Ultra Violet as its 2018 Color of the Year.
International Women’s Day is on March 8th with several events being held worldwide to celebrate women of ALL races, ethnicities and cultures. This year’s International Women’s Day campaign theme is “#PressforProgress.” If you are interested in locally participating in an International Women’s day event you can search via country and city here: https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Events.
- IWD banner (200 cm wide x 76 cm high)
- IWD bunting (2 x 10 metre lengths)
- IWD wristbands (50)
- IWD air-fill balloons (10 purple, 10 white)
- IWD curling ribbon (25 metres)
Those interested can do individual or bulk orders and Worldwide shipping is available. If you would like to register or plan an International Women’s Day event to be posted on their site click here. For more information about International Women’s Day please visit: https://www.internationalwomensday.com/.
I encourage everyone in 2018 and not just on March 8th to “#PressforProgress.” Our voices need to be heard!
Source: International Women’s Day site