SXSW (South by Southwest) Festival is 10 days full of music, tech, film, gaming, comedy and networking in my hometown, Austin, Texas, on March 9th till March 18th. SXSW 2018 planning season has already begun with meet-ups and frequent updates on the conference.
2018 SXSW Registration and Housing Opens on August 1st you will be able to purchase your SXSW badge for Film, Interactive, Gaming and Music. Below is the pricing and deadlines for registration.
All SXSW Registrants Receive Access To:
- SXSW Gaming
- SXSW Create
- SXSW Job Market
- Flatstock Poster Show
- Registrants Lounge
- The SXSW Community Service Awards
- SouthBites Trailer Park
- SXSW Outdoor Stage at Lady Bird Lake concerts
All attendees will receive primary entry to programming associated with their badge type, in addition to enjoying secondary access to most other SXSW events. All SXSW registrants also receive complimentary access to SXSW Gaming. Attendees also receive a Registrant Big Bag, Pocket Guide & Subscription to SXSWorld®.
In addition to buying a badge, here are eight ways to participate at SXSW their staff kindly put together:
- $5000 grant opportunity: SXSW Community Service Awards application deadline is July 28
- Hot or not speaking proposals: PanelPicker® public voting begins on Monday, August 7.
- Share your creativity! Don’t miss the Friday, September 8 deadline to be part of SXSW Art Program
- The write stuff: David Carr Prize essays due by Friday, October 13.
- Reel cool: SXSW Film Festival submissions accepted through Friday, October 20
- Do you rock? SXSW Music Festival applications accepted through Friday, October 20.
- Attention entrepreneurs! Enter your startup in the SXSW Accelerator® Pitch Competition
- Best digital projects of 2017: Apply to the SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards
If you need guidance on which badge to buy and the difference between each badge click here. Explore registration rates and deadlines at sxsw.com/attend. To check out the latest news about SXSW 2018 click here.