The newest addition to RideAustin’s Round Up for Hurricane Harvey Relief is the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. This is a fund created by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner to accept contributions to support the specific relief needs of the Houston community.
The RideAustin executive team will match ALL Round Ups through the end of September, for an additional Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund donation. When you ride local with RideAustin, you can also elect to round up your fare to the nearest dollar and designate a local charity.
A couple examples from RideAustin’s Round Up partners include:
Central Texas Food Bank: making bulk shipments of food, such as frozen meat & poultry, as well as shipments of emergency food boxes and hygiene boxes that will go to the areas where the need is most acute.
Austin Pets Alive!: has been helping shelters in the direct line of Hurricane Harvey transporting as many pets as possible to APA! and expect to take in approximate 1,000 animals by the end of the week.
YWCA of Greater Austin: is offering trauma relief for those that have been displaced from their home and possessions, separated from family and friends, and confronting an uncertain future.
If you would like to be considered for RideAustin’s Round Up program and become a partner, fill out the application form linked below.
- Qualified 501(c)3 organization
- Austin-based or local affiliate of a national organization
- Round Up proceeds must be used to support programs and infrastructure in the Austin area
- RideAustin to be the exclusive ride share partner for your organization and events
- Marketing expectations to be customized and mutually agreed on between RideAustin and Round Up participants
- Fill out the application form here
- You will be added to a wait list of nonprofits to join the Round Up program
- All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but only a handful of spaces will open up each quarter
- A RideAustin team member will reach out to discuss a Partner Agreement with the nonprofits identified for each quarterly update
- Participants must sign a Partner Agreement before getting added to the RideAustin app
As a Texan I can say though we have had this huge disaster we are strong and communities are pulling together throughout the great state of Texas. Our prayers are with all the Hurricane Harvey Victims! Remember Texans, we are a strong state and this too shall pass.