Austin’s largest challenge-driven hackathon, DeveloperWeek Austin 2021 Online Hackathon will take place November 8th through the 17th, 2021 virtually via DevPost. The Hackathon attracts the best developers and engineers who compete for over $12,500+ in prizes, including All-Access Premium Passes to all 2021-22 DevNetwork conferences. Hackathon participants will join 200+ developers building new apps and can build any app of their choice.
How to Register
- Step 1: Register here on the DeveloperWeek Austin 2021 website.
- Step 2: Final Projects will be submitted on Devpost (you must also register on Devpost – Search for: DeveloperWeek Austin 2021. Participants can message each other to form teams, participate in chat boards, and communicate with sponsors.
- Registration is FREE, as always, but remember, all hackathon attendees must be registered on both Devpost and through the DeveloperWeek Austin 2021 website (using Eventbrite) to participate in the DeveloperWeek Austin 2021 Online Hackathon. You can build any web, mobile, or hardware app during the Online Hackthon.
- This is a 100% virtual hackathon. Teams will be formed on Devpost.com – DeveloperWeek Europe Hackathon. From Devpost participants can message each other to form teams, participate in chat boards, and communicate with sponsors.
- Teams must build hackathon projects & apps from scratch (mobile app, consumer or business web app, etc.)
- Teams can solve no challenges (build whatever you want) or can submit to as many challenges as they want.
- There will be 2 rounds of judging. During Round One, judges will review all team projects and fill out a scoring sheet on each to determine the Overall Winner. Round Two is the Sponsor Round. Each sponsor will judge the teams working on their Challenge and determine a winner. The sponsors will choose their own prizes and choose their own prize winners.
- Round one judging will be based on 1) How much progress you make 2) Concept – does it solve a real problem? and 3) Feasibility – could this become a startup or company.