The Game Developers Conference (GDC) for 2018 is scheduled for March 19th through March 23rd and the GDC Expo is the 21st through the 23rd in San Francisco, CA. The GDC attracts over 26,000 attendees and is the primary forum for:
- Game Designer
- Audio Professionals
- Business Decision-Makers
- Others Involved In the Development Of Interactive Games And Virtual Reality
GDC features over 500 lectures, panels, tutorials and round-table discussions on game development and VR topics taught by industry experts. The conference will feature the annual Independent Games Festival and the annual Game Developers Choice Awards as well. If you want an overview of GDC below is a great chart of GDC at a glance and also posted on GDC’s site.
Register Information and Pricing for GDC
- Registration is now open and you can register at: https://gdc.tech.ubm.com/2018/. Below is the pricing chart to help you figure out what portions of GDC you prefer to attend.
- GDC offers dedicated passes for the Independent Games Summit and Educators Summit, and the Audio Conference+Tutorial program. Please visit each program page for information to register for dedicated passes.
- GDC also offers a Friday Student Expo Pass for $79 which is available for purchase on–site only on Friday, March 23, 2018 at the Moscone Center. Must be at least 18 years old and provide proof of current enrollment (i.e. a valid student ID).
- If you need help completing your GDC registration you can call (415) 947-6926 / (866) 535-8997, Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm CST.
Official Hotel Provider
GDC has designated Convention Housing Partners as its official hotel provider. You may verify this by going to http://www.gdconf.com and clicking on the “Travel & Hotels” link under the “Attend” tab. Convention Housing Partners will never ask you to prepay for your rooms or require a deposit payable to anyone other than your chosen hotel. To change your reservation use the “Existing Reservations” link at the top right. Reservations must be canceled by 5:00 pm PT February 21, 2018, to avoid incurring a penalty charge. Early departure policies vary by hotel. To avoid early departure fees, please notify the hotel of any change in your date of departure at time of check-in. Some hotels may impose a penalty for changes in departure dates after arrival.
I’m hoping to attend the 2018 GDC but it starts 1 day after SXSW which I cover annually. I will submit my registration as press and will make my decision to attend mid SXSW 2018.