October in Austin is a great time to live here as we have the Austin City Limit’s Festival, Austin Startup Week and the ever popular FORMULA 1 PIRELLI 2018 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Circuit of The Americas (COTA) happening October 19th through the 21st.
This year’s Formula 1 event at COTA will include eleven-time GRAMMY award winner Bruno Mars doing his 24K Magic World Tour to the Super Stage on Saturday night and international pop icon Britney Spears doing her “Piece of Me” tour performance for the post-race performance on Sunday.
The Saturday and Sunday night performances on the Super Stage Festival Lawn are general admission events. After the end of track activity on Saturday and Sunday, guests will enter the Festival Lawn area for the show. Below is ticket information for both performances.
- All holders of a 3-day or Saturday ticket for USGP weekend receive admission to the Bruno Mars concert on October 20.
- All holders of a 3-day or Sunday ticket for USGP weekend receive admission to the Britney Spears concert on October 21.
- The following ticket options guarantee admission to their specified concerts. All tickets receive race admission
Please note that all 3-day USGP tickets include admission to a full weekend of adrenaline pumping F1 competition and the evening concerts on Saturday and Sunday. Single-day admission for Saturday and Sunday receives admission only to that day’s F1 action and that night’s concert. For more information or to purchase tickets please visit: http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/concerts.
For those interested in the races below is the current full schedule but check on http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule for up to the minute schedule changes.
Friday – October 19, 2018
- 7:30 PARKING LOTS OPEN
- 8:00 – 17:30 GATES OPEN/CLOSE
- 8:45 – 9:15 F3 AMERICAS SERIES: FREE PRACTICE 1
- 10:00 – 11:30 FORMULA 1: FREE PRACTICE 1
- 11:55 – 12:25 FIA FORMULA 4: FREE PRACTICE 1
- 12:30 – 13:00 FORMULA 1: PIRELLI HOT LAPS
- 14:00 – 15:30 FORMULA 1: FREE PRACTICE 2
- 16:00 – 16:20 FIA FORMULA 4: QUALIFYING
- 16:45 – 17:15 F3 AMERICAS SERIES: QUALIFYING
Saturday – October 20, 2018
- 8:30 PARKING LOTS OPEN
- 9:30 – 22:00 GATES OPEN/CLOSE
- 10:15 – 10:45 FORMULA 1: TEAM PIT STOP PRACTICE
- 11:40 – 12:10 F3 AMERICAS SERIES: RACE #1
- 13:00 – 14:00 FORMULA 1: FREE PRACTICE 3
- 14:15 – 15:15 302ND AVIATION SQUADRON STATIC AIRCRAFT DISPLAY
- 14:20 – 14:40 FORMULA 1: PIRELLI HOT LAPS
- 16:00 – 17:00 FORMULA 1: QUALIFYING
- 17:30 – 18:00 FIA FORMULA 4: RACE #1
- 20:00 BRUNO MARS: COTA SUPER STAGE
Sunday – October 21, 2018
- 7:30 PARKING LOTS OPEN
- 8:30 – 20:00 GATES OPEN/CLOSE
- 9:15 – 9:45 F3 AMERICAS SERIES: RACE #2
- 10:15 – 10:45 FIA FORMULA 4: RACE #2
- 11:00 – 11:20 FORMULA 1: PIRELLI HOT LAPS
- 11:30 – 12:00 FORMULA 1: DRIVERS PARADE
- 12:00 – 12:20 OPENING CEREMONIES FORMULA 1 GRID
- 12:54 – 12:56 NATIONAL ANTHEM: RETIRED NAVAL PETTY OFFICER, GENERALD WILSON
- 12:58 – 12:59 AIR DISPLAY
- 13:10 – 15:10 FORMULA 1: PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX
- 15:15 – 16:00 FAN TRACK INVASION
- 18:00 BRITNEY SPEARS: COTA SUPER STAGE
Limited on-site parking is available in lots located throughout Circuit of The Americas and below are the current options. Act quickly because they are selling out FAST!
- 3-DAY PARKING: $125 LOTS F & T
- 3-DAY PARKING: $100 LOT L
- FRIDAY ONLY PARKING: $25 LOTS F & L
- SATURDAY ONLY PARKING: $50-65 LOTS F & L
- SUNDAY ONLY PARKING $50 LOT L
- SUNDAY ONLY PARKING $75 LOT F
- SUNDAY ONLY PARKING $75, LOT K
Free bicycle parking is provided on-site during motorsport events. COTA can be accessed by bike route 72: Burleson Road to Elroy Road to the drop off area on McAngus. Cyclists can park and secure their bikes in Lot C or the pedestrian bridge over COTA Blvd.
PLEASE NOTE: Any vehicle without a valid parking pass will be unable to access COTA Blvd during the course of the USGP. Cars without parking passes including taxis, limos, and ride-shares will be permitted to drop off and pick up passengers off at COTA’s McAngus Drop-Off Zone.
You will find directional signs pointing you toward McAngus through Elroy Road for drop offs and pickups. Please visit: http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/tickets/parking for more information.
This year will be an interesting and performance packed Formula 1! For more information about the event happing in Austin, Texas please visit: http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1.
Source: COTA, F1