For the past five years, digital influencers and digital industry leaders gather for the annual Digital Entertainment World (DEW). This year’s DEW is on February 5 – 6, 2018 in Marina Del Rey Marriott with tickets starting at $1299.00. It is said that DEW is a must-attend event and where you want to be if you are in the business of creating or monetizing digital entertainment content. At this year’s DEW the focus is on “The FUTURE of…” and will cover topics from OTT to Innovation to eSports to Millennials to Content Marketing to VR/AR to Music Rights to Startups, etc., as this theme guides all talks, discussions, meetings, and presentations over the two days.
The DEW event includes keynotes, fireside chats, presentations, panel discussions, tech demos, startup competition, innovative exhibitions, daily DJ music and performers and the best networking in the hotel’s Sinder Lounge. Fortunately, the hotel is just steps from the beach and located in the heart of LA’s Silicon Beach with easy access to Santa Monica, Venice, and Playa Vista, so there are options to do besides just the conference.
To help get you started on your DEW adventure below is key information you will need if attending.
Hotel for Event:
Marina del Rey Marriott, 4100 Admiralty Way Marina del Rey CA 90292
Link to hotel: www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Digital%20Entertainment%20World%20(DEW)%202018%5Elaxmb%60DIWDIWA%60285.00%60USD%60false%604%602/4/18%602/6/18%601/19/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes
During DEW there is a startup pitch competition that is a highly competitive process where startups are screened and vetted by a panel of A-list investors who review applications online and select the best of the best to compete on stage at DEW before DEW attendees from leading entertainment, media and tech companies. The 2018 competition will consist of two categories of startups and two winners will be recognized.
Prize: All 10 Finalists (5 from each category) will receive three (3) all-access registrations to 2018 DEW ($2,590 value), an exhibit booth next to the Innovation Stage ($3,500 value) and will be eligible to attend meetings with select investors and industry executives attending DEW 2018.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- All startup entries must be submitted online by January 5, 2018.
- The 10 Finalists selected to compete at DEW 2018 will be announced on January 15, 2018.
- The 2018 DEW Startup Pitch & Competition will be held at the Marriott Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles on February 5 – 6, 2018.
For more information including eligibility information click here.
- Celiena Adcock
- Head of Streaming-Entertainment, Facebook
- Angela Ahrendts
- Senior Vice President, Retail, Apple
- Erika Bennet
- Global Head of Social Marketing, YouTube Shows
- Alex Collmer
- CEO, VidMob
- Tony Emerson
- Managing Director, Worldwide Media and Entertainment, Microsoft
- Mack Flavelle
- Fat Cat, CryptoKitties
- Ken Hertz
- Senior Partner, Hertz Lichtenstein & Young LLP
- Terry Hurlbutt
- Vice President and General Manager of Digital, Good Morning America
- David Israelite
- President & CEO, National Music Publishers’ Association
- Reza Izad
- CEO and Co-Founder, Studio71
- Kathy O’Dowd
- Product Lead, Advertising & Technology, Netflix
- Lisa Perrin
- CEO of Creative Networks, Endemol Shine Group
- Brian Salzman
- CEO, RQ Agency
- Greg Silverman
- CEO, Stampede Ventures
- Colby Smith
- Vice President, ABC News Digital
- Andrew Sugerman
- Executive Vice President, Publishing and Digital Media, The Walt Disney Company