It’s hard to believe Halloween 2023 is just around the corner! In celebration of the Spooky Holiday, the renowned award-winning Halloween pop-up experience from industry vets Kelsey Ramage and Erin Hayes, Black Lagoon, is coming to Austin.
From October 9, 2023, through October 31, 2023, Black Lagoon will be taking place at King Bee from 4 PM to 2 AM daily. Guests will be able to fully immerse themselves in twisted and spooky environments, including dark, dungeon-like decorations with skulls, coffins and other elements that pay homage to goth, horror and all things Halloween.
The drinks menu goes alongside the eerie decor, serving up six eerie elixirs, including:
- Hellfire Fizz: Feel the enchanting embrace of this evilly earthy cocktail, combining the boldness of Lot 40 Dark Oak Rye Whiskey with Carrot, Turmeric, Fresh Lemon, Lustau Amontillado, Greek Yogurt, Bitter Queens Caribbean Spice Bitters, Absinthe, and Seltzer.
- Book of Blood: Turn an eerie page with this macabre libation, Black Lagoon’s twisted interpretation of a Margarita featuring Montelobos Mezcal, Giffard Pimente D’Espellette, Fresh Beet, Fresh Lime Juice, Miso Falernum, and Absinthe.
- Death Rattle: Unearth a cocktail that stirs up a symphony of haunting flavors–with a base of Ford’s Gin, this potion teases the senses with the tantalizing flavors of Lustau Brandy, Lustau Amontillado Sherry, Pineapple & Lime Juice, Spiced Oat Orgeat, Saline, and Bitter Queens Caribbean Bitters.
- Night Crawler: As the moonlight wanes and shadows deepen, this Lot 40 Rye Whiskey-based elixir emerges from the darkness with Super Acid Apple, Rooibos Tea, Cinnamon, and Lustau Rojo Vermut.
- Crystal Flesh: Gaze into the depths of a low-ABV libation that captivates with the devilish draw of Lustau Rose Vermut, Ritual Gin Alternative, Aperol, Giffard Pamplemousse, Fresh Lemon & Seltzer.
- Satanic Panic: Indulge in the spellbinding allure of a spirit free cocktail that flirts with the forbidden: Ritual Tequila Alternative combines with its diabolical counterparts, Pineapple, Miso Falernum, and Fresh Lime.
Hayes and Ramage ideated the concept following a successful pop-up at Tales of Cocktail at New Orleans’ infamous The Dungeon. Black Lagoon officially debuted in Toronto in October 2021, garnering an instant following of cocktail and Halloween enthusiasts alike craving for more. Since then, Black Lagoon has become an annual staple to celebrate the Halloween season throughout the U.S and Canada, and now is expanding worldwide to Guadalajara and Paris.
For more information please visit: https://www.blacklagoonpopup.com/.
Source: Black Lagoon Pop Up