Today during Pepcom’s Holiday Spectacular event, Ampere introduced Dusk, their first pair of electrochromic smart sunglasses. The Dusk electrochromic smart sunglasses feature app-enabled dynamic lenses, an open-ear audio system, and accessories designed to be integrated with Apple AirTags.
The lenses are electrochromic allowing you to electrically adjust the tint level in just 0.1 seconds to your desired tint, unlike traditional transitional lenses that react to the light. It’s the same powerful technology used in luxury cars but in your sunglasses.
With the Ampere App, you’ll be able to pair your frames and set the exact tint level of the lenses, and even save your preferred settings. When away from your smartphone, you can simply adjust between three tint levels via touch controls on the left-hand side of the frame or set them to adjust automatically.
Dusk also comes equipped with an open-ear audio system and allows for a great listening experience while on the go. The speakers in each arm’s interior discreetly provide crystal clear audio while allowing you to stay aware of your surroundings—making them perfect for driving, biking, or walking on busy streets.
For touch and voice control, an integrated microphone and button on the right side of the frame will allow you to access Siri and Google Assistant. The button will also allow you to answer calls, pause or skip songs.
Please note, for those who already have a pair of headphones that they’re in love with, Ampere’s sunglasses also come in a Dusk Lite edition, which leaves out all the audio features.
Accessories for Dusk will also be compatible with Apple’s AirTag. A space for Apple’s new Bluetooth tracking device is found at the top of the charging case, so you’ll be able to track down your lost sunglasses using Apple’s Find My App.
Dusk’s arms of the frame are ultra-thin, making the tech almost impossible to detect from a distance. The classic wayfarer frame has a slightly oversized profile with polarized lenses that block 100% of UVA/UVB rays and a modern matte-black finish. The glasses have also been engineered to be lightweight, waterproof, and durable. The frames weigh just over 26 grams and are comfortable to wear all day long. With a waterproof rating of IP65, they are perfect for a day on the water or by the pool.
Ampere Dusk Features:
- Dusk are the first pair of smart sunglasses with app-controlled electrochromic lenses, which allow you to adjust the tint when you want, instantly
- Dusk frames also come with hidden built-in speakers and a microphone — providing crystal clear audio and voice assistance for both Apple and Android devices
- The sunglasses are also available in a Dusk Lite edition, which doesn’t include any of the audio features
- Dusk’s rechargeable travel case is designed to house Apple’s AirTag, so you can track the glasses down using the Find My App on your iPhone
- Dusk’s MSRP is $295 and Dusk Lite’s MSRP is $195. Both will start shipping in November 2021 — just in time for the holidays
Dusk and Dusk Lite are available for pre-sale now on the Ampere website and will begin shipping in November, just in time for the holidays. The MSRP for Dusk is $295, and Dusk Lite’s MSRP is $195. To pre-order please visit: https://ampere.shop/products/dusk-electrochromic-smart-sunglasses?variant=39455527862406.
Source: Ampere, Pepcom