This year’s Amazon Prime day was epic with sales surpassing Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Amazon Prime Day 2017 grew by more than 60 percent compared to last year. Sales growth by small businesses and entrepreneurs were even higher as well.
Amazon also gained new members on Amazon Prime day, more so than on any single day in Amazon history. Millions of Prime members made a purchase on Prime Day 2017 in fact more than 50 percent higher than the prior year.
The most popular product bought was the Echo Dot but all of Amazon’s devices increased in sales on Amazon Prime Day and more than any other shopping day.
Per Amazon the top sellers from around the world, excluding Amazon devices, included:
- U.S.: Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker; 23andMe DNA Tests for Health + Ancestry
- U.K.: TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug, works with Alexa; Sony Playstation 4
- Spain: SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive; Moto G Plus (5th Generation) Smartphone; Lenovo Ideapad 310 Laptop
- Mexico: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable; Nintendo Switch
- Japan: SAVAS Whey Protein; Happy Belly pure bottled water
- Italy: Finish All in One Max tablets; Caffe Vergnano 1882 Espresso machine
- India: OnePlus 5 phone; Seagate Expansion 1.5TB Portable External Drive
- Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Soda Stream
- France and Belgium: PlayStation Plus Membership; Game of Thrones – The Complete Season 1 to 6 Blu-Ray
- China: Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse; A brief history of humankind+ A brief history of tomorrow set
- Canada: Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 8 Qt; AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
I participated in Amazon Prime day by purchasing the Echo Dot and the Wemo Mini Smart Plug. The Echo Dot was $15.00 off their 2nd generation model. The Wemo Mini Smart Plug was $7.00 by purchasing from Alexa. I received them less than a week which is slow for Amazon and an indication of how many orders they had on Amazon Prime day.
The major success of Prime Day shows how many Amazon Prime customers are out there. Their increasing Prime membership definitely indicates Amazon Prime Day 2018 will be an even bigger event!