In the past I did not condone or liked MTV’s my Super Sweet Sixteen however recently I was reminded that my culture has a similar celebration and even more extravagant. In the Hispanic culture we have Quinceañeras which is a celebration on your fifteenth birthday and it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood. It’s normally a religious celebration and the birthday girl is donning a formal gown almost similar to a wedding dress. Continue Reading →
Tech.Co’s annual Startup of the Year competition and tour is fast approaching and I suggest applying sooner than later though the deadline is April 20, 2017. If you are interested in applying click here and below is more information about the competition and startup nights at CES and SXSW Interactive.
Tech.Co Startup of the Year Competition
•Attracts some of the top emerging startups from around the world
•Helps founders gain access to top tech investors, mentors, influencers and TechCo Ventures as well as media exposure to our millions of readers
•One of the most diverse and inclusive global startup competitions Continue Reading →
LifeisGood.com is a site whose mission is to spread the power of optimism and to help counter the daily flood of negative news.
TODAY by midnight EST is the last day to enter the contest and you can find the form here. It’s a quick online form that won’t take much time and it will be something positive you did today!
While you are on the site help LifeisGood.com #GROWtheGood by telling them something good that happened today using #GROWtheGood on Twitter and Instagram and you may be featured on their site.
Rules and Guidelines:
- One person from each state will be chosen.
- No Purchase Necessary. Some Restrictions Apply. Void Where Prohibited. Click here for official rules. Contest begins September 19th, 2016 at 12:01AM EST and ends November 8th, 2016 at 11:59PM EST
Hot off the press…
Coach is celebrating 75 years of craftsmanship with a global online auction of 48 customized vintage bags beginning October 19th. The auction will launch online HERE and will be available until October 28th at 5pm EST.
The collection includes newly restored, one-of-a-kind vintage bags and collaborative bags inspired by Lena Dunham, Debbie Harry, Kate Bosworth, Chloe Grace Moretz and more.
The first $50,000 in sales from this auction will benefit The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art to ensure the preservation of fashion history and advance fashion as an art form.
Iconic and original Coach silhouettes, including the Duffle (1971), the Saddle (1972) and the Dinky (1980), were customized by hand for the auction according to three different themes:
- Celebrity-Inspired Bags: 11 pieces featured in the auction are dedicated to Coach Executive Creative Director Stuart Vevers’s long-time friends and muses. Each of these bespoke bags references the individual’s character and personality, and is finished with a Coach hangtag signed by the muse who inspired it. These include the revered Debbie Harry, the ingenious Lena Dunham and the effortlessly cool Kate Bosworth. Other friends of Coach represented include campaign star Chloe Grace Moretz, model Dree Hemingway and more.
- Bags Customized with Modern Icons and Motifs: 26 bags have been sourced and refurbished and then specially re-worked and crafted in Coach’s leather workshop in NYC. Each personalized bag reflects Coach’s history and quality, but is re-imagined for today’s modern Coach girl with unique design applications like fringe, patches and studs.
- One-of-a-kind Bags matched to special items and one-of-a-kind experiences: The last section of the auction features 11 custom packages of bags paired with the items that inspired them — a Duffle covered in pins is offered with the runway jacket it references, and a one-off ‘Dinky’ bag featuring a patched snakeskin version of Rexy The Coach Dinosaur is accompanied by a super-sized 3-D leather Rexy puzzle. Several lots create the opportunity for once-in-a-lifetime experiences, like attending a Coach runway show in New York City, or having a Coach bag named after you.
- Stuart Vevers: “This was a very personal project for me — many who gave their time and love to it are friends we’ve collaborated with since I joined Coach – so it felt like family. I am so happy to be able to support the cause of fashion scholarship and preservation by celebrating Coach’s own heritage and craft with these inventive, unique pieces.”
- Lena Dunham: “I have always been an admirer of Stuart’s aesthetic, and I am so honored to be part of Coach’s global auction benefitting The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I’ve always wanted to inspire a hoagie sandwich, but a bag is so much better.”
Stowaway Cosmetics, a line of makeup in sizes you can carry, is putting its own funny twist on the day and encouraging customers to exercise their right to vote on their favorite Stowaway Cosmetics for SUPER TUESDAY. I personally find the names of Stowaway Cosmetics products absolutely hilarious!
TODAY and TODAY only Stowaway Cosmetics are exercising your right to vote for your favorite stowaway product & it will reveal a special treat! Once you vote Stowaway Cosmetics will reveal a coupon to get that product for free with any $50 purchase.
Besides the SUPER TUESDAY deal I think Stowaway Cosmetics are great for ladies who travel a lot and going through security check. Each time I tend to lose a beauty product due to the ounces (Thanks TSA).
Stowaway Cosmetics products are perfect for the lady who travels and doesn’t want to deal with obstacles before boarding a plane.
Full details and voting here: stowawaycosmetics.com/supertuesday.
Running alongside the Sony World Photography Awards, the world’s largest photography competition, the ZEISS Photography Award “Seeing Beyond” invites photographers to submit work responding to the brief “meaningful places” by 5th February 2016. The ZEISS Photography Award contest entry start is 05/11/2015 and entry close is 05/02/2016.
One winning photographer will be given a free choice of ZEISS camera lenses worth €15,000 (Euros), the opportunity to work individually with ZEISS and will be flown to London to collect the award at the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony in April 2016.
The award is free to enter and will be judged by a distinguished panel of industry experts.
The theme for the award’s inaugural year is “meaningful places”. Photographers are asked to see beyond ordinary places and document the importance of a particular place or collection of places that somehow bear significance to each other.
Bodies of work should include a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 images and particular attention should be given to the edit of your work. A brief description of your place and inspiration, may accompany the submission. Continue Reading →