Announced today, We The Culture and Authentic Brands Group (ABG), a global brand development, marketing and entertainment company, have created a partnership to digitally connect their brand, Volcom, to the metaverse by way of a Non-Fungible Token (NFT). With the announcement, Volcom’s Stoneland will be the first of its kind to do NFT minting from a fashion brand gamification activation in the metaverse.
As of today, Tuesday, April 26, 2022, Volcom’s Stoneland NFTs will be available to whitelist holders here. Volcom will usher in a host of new experiences, including physical and digital activations, in the coming year.
“Volcom is one of today’s most sought-after lifestyle brands by board sports enthusiasts,” Todd Hymel, CEO, at Volcom. “This launch is the beginning of the brand’s foray into a new digital world as we continue to pursue authentic ways to meet our fans wherever they are, whether that is in the metaverse or on the slopes, catching a wave or in the skatepark.”
The Volcom Stoneland Roadmap release will include five phases:
- Phase 1 – Welcome, Whitelist registration, Loyalty members get 25 points, non-members get coupon code
- Phase 2 – The Drop #1: All registrants receive a Stoneland Metaverse access ticket NFT
- Phase 3 – Double Drop: Drop #2: Chance for loyalty members to receive a limited edition NFT (skateboard)
- Phase 4 – Grand Opening – Volcom Stoneland Metaverse Opening Day, minting of Stoneland avatar with exclusive Volcom merchandise
- Phase 5 – Welcome to the Next Level
About We The Culture
Based in South Florida, We The Culture is a Web3 creative agency co-founded by two African American CEOs, Ron Baptiste and Wendell Johnson. Their passion is to bring the digital world to where it intersects with real life. For more information, please see https://www.wetheculture.io.
Source: We The Culture, Volcom