Halloween is coming up and for those that celebrate we have 3 interesting DIY original costumes ideas by Sharon Stone, a fashion stylist and personal shopper from S2 The Style Agency. Instead of doing the sexy nurse or one of the Kardashians as a costume why not try for something more unique.
Sharon blends her knowledge of high fashion with a love for vintage and offbeat finds with three different DIY costumes which include Fashion Icon Iris Apfel, Fashion Icon Coco Chanel and a great couple’s costume of John Lennon and Yoko. Below are Sharon Stone’s Tips for the 3 DIY Halloween Costumes.
- Iris Apfel -Fashion Icon
- Her image is larger than life. Bold, Colorful, one of a kind. Iris is a fun costume idea for any fashionista who loves to play with layers, textures, baubles & style!
- Drama/Oversized/Bold/Statement: Excess is the key, so layers & layers of jewelry
- Jewelry Keywords: Chunky bead, Large plastic links, Statement, Tribal, Boho, African, Mardi Gras, Cuff Bracelet, Bangle Bracelet
- Great resources: Thrift Shops, Resale Boutiques, Amazon, Etsy, Party Store
- Large Round Glasses, Ethnic Boho jacket (quilted and oversized is great) & long skirt or wide leg pants
- Cropped Silver wig /Amazon, local wig store or Ebay
- Bright vibrant lipstick – drugstore
- If desired may carry a cane (thrift shop), wrap it in matching color duct tape from Michaels
- Coco Chanel , another fashion icon in the Fashion ” Hall of Fame” . Coco was renowned for her multitudes of pearls, her classic black elegant wardrobe, and a red lip.
- Vintage Clothing, or Vintage look; all black – local vintage boutiques or antique malls
- Cardigan or tweed jacket – designer resale or thrift store
- Oodles of pearls – Ebay, thrift shop or party store
- Cuff bracelets on both wrists from Resale, Ebay, or Thrift. Do the same with small pearl or button earrings
- Shoes should be Oxford Style, with or without a heel, and black tights.
- Cigarette as a prop
- John & Yoko, visually stunning all in white with their timeless message of peace & love. Fun idea for that free-spirited couple, and pretty cozy too!
- White Cotton pj’s & white cotton bathrobe can be found in Ebay & Amazon
- Wigs at wig shop & round glasses at Party /Costume Shop
- White bed sheet large enough to drape behind both
- Clever signs re: peace & love
These are some unique costume ideas from Sharon Stone and I doubt you would run into someone else with these costumes at your Halloween event. For more information Sharon Stone visit https://s2thestyleagency.com/.
Source: S2 The Style Agency, Sharon Stone